We’re a financial services company that’s grown in leaps and bounds since our entry to Canada in 1996 – last year we more than doubled in size! Our success is thanks to the people who put our guiding principles into action.
Excellence. Do the right thing. You’ll see precisely what these principles are about from the first time you meet with us. We offer a truly collaborative work environment that celebrates not just what you achieve, but also how you accomplish it. Our entrepreneurial spirit and drive to challenge the status quo have led us to become a FORTUNE 500 company, one of Canada’s Top 100 employers for 2010, and one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People for 2011.
What you’ll be doing:
- Writing for a variety of channels including direct mail, websites, print advertising and telemarketing
- Working closely with our designers in concept development and providing strategic input across a variety of marketing initiatives
- Consulting with our marketing managers, technical editors and legal folks to ensure your brilliant words aren’t just persuasive – they’re spot-on accurate
What you need to have:
- Right Brain Smarts: Excellent writing skills (duh) and strong concept development abilities
- Left Brain Smarts: You think strategically and understand the importance of the “Big Idea”
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Proficient computer skills
What we’ll be looking for:
- At least 5 years of writing experience – marketing or journalism background is preferred (we stick to CP style standards)
- Experience writing for the Canadian credit card or financial services industry would be nice, but not necessary
NOTE: If you have an online portfolio of your work, please include the link in your resumé. We’ll be reviewing candidates’ work first to determine who we’ll be interviewing.