Iovate is the maker of the MuscleTech family of products and the leader in the sports nutrition, diet and health supplements industry.
Due to our rapid growth, Iovate Health Sciences Inc. has an exciting new opportunity for a Copy Writer. The successful incumbent will be working with other members of the Marketing team to conceive, develop, and produce effective advertisements.
Although the Copy Writer will be responsible for all the written requirements, headlines, body copy, slogans, and plugs for all media, the Copy Writer will also work to create ideas that include a strong visual approach.
- Work in a close-knit creative partnership with other team members to generate innovative ideas that generate workable concepts and ideas
- Write clear, persuasive, and original long and short copy pieces
- Generate clever headlines for advertorials and 1 and 2 page ads
- Edit and revise ad material according to feedback from Legal Affairs team and Management
- Work on several ads or campaigns at the same time, under tight deadlines
- Work to generate product strategies
- Oversee ad development from beginning to end
- Keep up-to-date with popular culture and trends
- Analyze and have a strong understanding of the various media (magazines) in which the advertisements appear
- Work on additional side projects as assigned
- Develop a solid grasp of the nutritional supplement (specifically, weight-loss, body building and sports supplements) and fitness industries, as well as the basics of nutrition and exercise. This will include basic scientific terminology and concepts.
- Develop a strong understanding of the products your team is responsible for, and stay up-to-date with any changes or advancements related to the products
- Be informed of and stay up-to-date with competitors’ products and advertising
- Meet with other Marketers to discuss and understand the company’s needs and requirements
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- University Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Advertising, or writing-related program; preference for those with graduate level experience (MBA, MSc, MA, etc.)
- Strong ability to write clear, imaginative copy that is on strategy, in a variety of styles, with proper spelling and grammar
- Being a strong headline writer is a must, as multi page ads make up a big part of this position
- Strong CPG experience, preferably in a brand management capacity, or strong sales experience in a CPG firm
- Team player with the ability to brainstorm ideas and work in a close creative partnership
- Ability to handle constructive criticism of material, and an understanding that many ideas will need to be adapted to suit the needs of others
- Ability to prioritize projects and multitask
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing, advertising, the weight-loss supplement industry and sport supplement industry
- Ability to travel to consumer trade shows and body-building fitness shows as needed
Located in Oakville, we offer a dynamic, progressive, team based environment. We have on-site premium fitness facilities and encourage a healthy lifestyle. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to grow with us. For further information please visit us at www.iovate.com.