Dedicated exclusively to children and their families, The Hospital for Sick Children is one of the leading paediatric health care centres in the world with an international reputation for excellence in health care, research, and teaching. This reputation would not have been built - nor could it be maintained - without the skills, knowledge and experience of the extraordinary people who come to work here every day.
Affectionately known as SickKids, the Hospital is committed to ongoing learning and development, and features a caring and supportive work environment that combines exceptionally high standards of practice. Don't miss out on the opportunity to work alongside the world's best in paediatric health care.
Coordinator, Marketing, Social Media and Publishing
Employment Type: Temporary Fixed-term, 1 Year Contract
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week (1.0 FTE)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Deadline: October 12, 2011
Description of Position:
Reporting to the Director, AboutKidsHealth, this role oversees SickKids consumer and professional book publishing activities. The role also oversees online marketing initiatives, plans and executes online campaigns to drive traffic to the AboutKidsHealth.ca website, and conducts comparative analyses on competitor websites. In addition to marketing and related social media activities including maintaining and growing the SickKids Family Knowledge group.
- Addressing inquiries and requests for book publications by Hospital staff
- Participation in management of relationships with publishers
- Seeking internal approval for publications to make certain that the hospital's values are respected and all legal requirements are met
- Coordinating the business affairs of SickKids book publishing enterprise
- Participating in strategy building and development of AboutKidsHealth internal and external marketing and communications
- Working with external collaborators to create and execute integrated marketing communications campaigns including direct mail, e-marketing campaigns, campaign websites, search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine advertising (SEA), social media, paid media, the public Web site, newsletters, public relations, and other advertising and marketing campaign collateral
- Managing creative feedback and approvals, production timelines, and budget.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- A post secondary degree or diploma.
- Experience with and sound understanding of marketing as it pertains to web sites
- Experience with social media such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, discussion forums, and e-newsletters
- Ability to plan, organize and bring about the successful completion of project goals and objectives.
- Familiarity with the principles of intellectual property.
- Effective market research skills.