Contract Brand Manager contract
Location: Toronto, ON
Company Name: Weight Watchers Canada (http://corp.weightwatchers.ca)
Category: Account/Project Mgmt, Design
Minimum 5+ Years Tier I CPG Experience
The Contract Brand Manager's responsibilities include: Brand Strategy and Positioning, New Product Introduction, Communication Strategy, Direct Mail, Market Research, Media Planning, Channel Strategy (Doctor program, etc.) and Promotion Strategy.
He/She will focus on two main areas: supporting the B2B (promotions, programs, POS, pricing, etc.) and launching new Products. Other responsibilities/projects may arise.
- Drive profitable growth: identify, evaluate and pursue opportunities to drive growth through execution of various short and medium-term Marketing tactics while increasing profit ($ and margin); measure each program and asses ROI and recommendations moving forward
- Build Brand equity as measured by Awareness, Loyalty, Brand Share, referral and Image tracking; as measured in Global OmniBus tracking and other research (Awareness/Attitudes, Segmentation, Copy testing etc)
- Support the Annual Planning cycle via Business Review and development of Marketing, Promotion & Product Calendars, and Pricing Strategies.
- Recommend Product Innovation strategies and lead execution of new product launches; work with the multifunctional team; lead the critical path and execution from working through product claims, regulatory approval, packaging and product development, Launch Recommendation (including financials) and tracking of launch success
- Demand planning: work closely with finance to forecast Products demand.
- Develop Media and Promotions strategy through advertising copy and strategy planning. Work through outside agencies to execute the plan.
- Generate new local ideas to profitably build the brand and figure out how to integrate into the marketing mix and/or test
- Use project management tools to process complex, multi-functional efforts.
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication
- Evaluate promotion ROI using known analytical techniques, and draw conclusions/insights to make tangible recommendations from the resulting data.
- Assesses threats through maintaining extensive knowledge of category competitive set and adjust marketing strategy appropriately.
- Build strong relationships with other members of brand team and Business Unit.
- Minimum requirement includes an Undergraduate Degree in business and/or related area
- Minimum of 5 years in CPG with proven track of turning around or building brands through strong strategies and innovation
- If possible, also 2-5 years experience in Retail sales
- Demonstrated advanced level analytical, planning and organization skills
- Demonstrated advanced level of creativity aligned with marketing or sales programs
- Proven ability to apply strategic principles in relation to brand equity, Marketing and Product Calendar development and execution
- Proven Commercial thinking with evidence of P&L expertise, including cost minimization and value maximization.
- Experience in addressing and solving difficult challenges while maintaining strong relationships
This job has expired or been closed by the employer, please visit our home page