Position: Content Strategy Manager
Reports to: VP, Marketing & Visitor Experience
Science World is a BC-based charitable organization that engages the people of British Columbia in STEM literacy. Our mission is to ignite wonder and empower dreams through science and nature. Our values are Curious, Playful, Inclusive, Relevant and Collaborative.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes generous annual vacation, comprehensive health, dental, vision care benefits, health spending account and matching RRSP program for full-time staff. We are committed to offering our staff learning, development and growth opportunities. And most importantly, we offer a fun team culture – think summer BBQ, team events throughout the year, unique industry perks, free passes, staff discounts and access to exhibits and OMNIMAX® films.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a curious and innovative marketer to help us tell the many exciting stories that makes Science World the fantastic organization it is today. You’re enthusiastic and creative when it comes to sharing stories about our programs (e.g. On The Road or Super Science Club), the annual (and highly popular) fundraising event Science of Cocktails, our fun science shows, new exhibitions (such as The Science Behind Pixar and Mirror Maze: Numbers in Nature) and exciting OMNIMAX® film launches.
You’re not afraid to think outside the box delivering integrated, holistic solutions, translating marketing and brand strategies into strong content to be leveraged across all marketing channels.
You have an eye for current trends, enjoy social media and YouTube and love drawing inspiration from all unexpected sources.
What’s the job?
We are seeking a Content Strategy Manager who will take our marketing content to the next level at this exciting time. Reporting to the Vice President, Marketing & Visitor Experience, the Content Strategy Manager provides content direction and oversight of branded & editorial content produced by Science World. This position is instrumental in telling Science World’s many exciting stories, primarily through digital content deployed on social media platforms and the Science World website and blog. This position takes on a holistic view of the organization in realizing our marketing content strategy to more deeply engage audiences.
- Provide strategic editorial direction and oversight of digital and physical consumer-facing marketing content, including videos, blog posts, social media channels, email newsletters, and other print and digital media such as out of home advertising, display advertising and other promotional materials
- Provide leadership, direction and coaching to direct reports. Ensure staff provide support to other members of the Science World team as needed
- To realize our newly developed Marketing Content Strategy by implementing new content workflows and supporting the team to grow into the new strategy
- Work with VP, Marketing & Visitor Experience to prepare the annual budget. Also responsible for forecasting, tracking and reporting on campaign activities and campaign performance
- Research, strategize, and execute campaigns to engage with known and new audiences using current and emerging social trends to deeply engage audiences
- Ensure that the content marketing mission is carried out on every piece of content published by Science World. Create and maintain content calendar as well as utilize campaign metrics to refine content strategy as necessary
- Work collaboratively with internal and external content producers to develop on brand materials focused on the overall institutional priorities
- Optimize the alchemy of audience, content, and media, ensuring these maintain the voice of Science World and maintains overall brand integrity
- Oversee and approve the creation of all copy that accompanies content created that reflects brand strategy, provides institutional knowledge, and resonates with the intended target audience
- Maintains and advises on current and future trends in marketing, digital journalism, and social trends to adjust and expand institutional messaging as needed
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- 4+ years’ experience in an in-house or agency setting with proven experience producing strategic, content driven marketing materials
- A good understanding of marketing and content principals
Leadership, communication and presentation skills:
- Experience coaching, developing, managing and leading content producers
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and confident presentation skills
- Ability to explain ideas to team members for effective and efficient implementation
- Ability to have clear vision while remaining open to others’ ideas
Content strategy & management skills:
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about the institutional narrative and audience engagement
- Strong content portfolio demonstrating the ability to cover a wide range of subjects
- Detail-oriented with strong time management skills
- Knowledge and understanding of google tags and social media platforms
- Proven omnichannel editorial and narrative skills with the ability to align messaging across multiple channels and platforms
- Experience in digital journalism background is preferred
- Experience with science-related content
- Demonstrated ability to work both in a team environment as well as independently