Content Strategist and Writer full-time
The Qtrade Financial Group is committed to offering comprehensive, market-leading wealth management solutions to the retail public as well as the customers of over 180 financial institutions including credit unions, banks, trust companies and financial planning companies across Canada. We currently administer over $6 billion of investment assets through our subsidiaries and have been ranked best Online Broker from Globe and Mail for 6 years in a row! - our goal is to be a leading provider of wealth management solutions to enable our stakeholders to achieve their financial goals.
Our continued growth and development has created the need for a Content Strategist and Writer. This position reports to the VP, Marketing and Communications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Content strategy and creation - Developing a content strategy and plan for distribution through the Qtrade partner network across multiple channels (e.g. website, newsletters, email marketing, etc.). Lead writer on all content pieces leveraging subject matter experts as needed.
- Copywriting – Envisioning and creating engaging copy for key sales and marketing materials.
- SEO copywriting - Creating web and SEO copy to drive search engine and/or campaign results.
- Email marketing – Lead writer on all email marketing initiatives through the distribution channels or directly to investors.
- Social media and online ad copy – Develop copy for social media, online posts and ad copy (e.g. pay per click advertisements).
- Press releases – Copywriting for key releases for the company.
- Various client communications – this would include copy for website messages, welcome packages, etc.
- Internal communications – support the HR department on certain key internal communication initiatives.
- Assisting other departments – for example, Learning and Development group on key pieces.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications or Journalism.
- Minimum 5 years of writing, communications and marketing experience within a communications team.
- Experience developing on-line content and the use of social media tools within a corporate environment, expertise with SEO.
- Strong business instinct in understanding consumer reaction and business context.
- Strong verbal communications skills.
- Self starter with strong initiative and creativity.
- Collaborative and able to work across a variety of team and departments seamlessly.
- Loves words and relentlessly pursues good structure, grammar and spelling.
- Financial services industry experience, while not mandatory, will be considered a strong asset.