indaba is a leading content and social media agency in Vancouver. We are currently looking for a Content Specialist to compliment our current team in our Vancouver office. The successful applicant will be working to create compelling content for both internal and client campaigns.
Qualified candidates for our team must be detail oriented, flexible, have strong multi-tasking, organizational and problem solving skills, work well in a team atmosphere and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
As a content specialist, you will help to design, implement, and measure the effectiveness of our content marketing initiatives.
Key job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Create compelling and engaging content for internal and client social media profiles including: blogs, Facebook, Twitter, influencer outreach, and LinkedIn
- Work directly with our creative and marketing teams to produce final concepts from start to finish
- Plan, write, coordinate, and edit new content
- Create original content and/or provide editing to content provided by others from proofing to approval
- Work with the team in support of the social media strategies that execute against key marketing initiatives and social media specific initiatives for both in-house and client projects
- Lead, manage, and support social content and projects as needed to execute the client strategy
- Drive innovative idea generation by monitoring trends in social, digital, and mobile media and exploring new tools, trends and applications
- Ability to effectively and creatively communicate information and ideas in written, visual, and oral format
- Completing other projects as assigned
Ideal candidates should have the following qualifications:
- College/University degree preferred in liberal arts, journalism, creative writing or English
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Passion for creating interesting web content that will capture people’s attention
- Creative, self-motivated, able to take initiative and work well in teams or individually
- Ability to think critically and multitask, driven to take responsibility for assigned tasks
- Outstanding organizational skills, with keen attention to detail
- Photography and/or Photoshop experience is an asset
- 2 or more years of relevant experience developing content for web or print
- Familiarity with social media is a plus