Nanometrics is an award winning company providing monitoring solutions and equipment for studying man-made and natural seismicity. Headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario, with offices and representatives world-wide, Nanometrics has over 30 years’ experience, delivering solutions to customers across the globe. Nanometrics real-time and portable systems are utilized by the world’s leading scientific institutions, universities and major corporations. Our pedigree is founded on precision instrumentation, network technology and software applications for seismological and environmental research. We specialize in collecting and analyzing critical real time data for global, regional and local seismic networks. We deliver world-class network design, installation and training services throughout the globe in a safety conscious environment.
We are seeking a Content Marketing Specialist to become an integral member of our marketing team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate Marketing, you will drive the development and deployment of engaging content and comprehensive social media programs that communicate the Nanometrics story, champion our brand, and support aggressive lead generation goals. We are looking for a dynamic individual who will bring a modern spin to a complex technical company.
You will have experience in cross channel content marketing and content optimization and deliverables will cover all aspects of content creation and curation across the marketing funnel, including white papers, case studies, contributed articles, client success stories, website copy, SEO, social media posts, marketing emails and other communications. You will work closely with the sales team, systems engineering, product management, customers and external resources. You have a creative marketing mind with the ability to organize projects, meet deadlines and coordinate a team of key contributors, including SMEs.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work with Marketing leadership to develop and manage a content marketing strategy that supports organizational goals from the top to the bottom of the marketing and sales funnel (including Increasing Brand Awareness, Growing Web Traffic, Generating Leads, Acquiring Customers, Retaining Customers)
- Maintain the editorial calendar
- Create, edit and manage the production of digital and print content that is consistent with the organization’s brand, style and tone
- Manage a webinar program to further thought leadership campaigns for different market segments
- Manage in-house and outsourced content (graphic designers, videographers, web developers, etc.)
- Monitor and report on content marketing metrics and show continuous improvement of the content strategy based on analytics
Education / Experience Requirements
- Bachelors degree (Preferably in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or Public Relations)
- You are a rising star with a mindset to execute and deliver results in a complex environment and you are looking for a challenge
- You are a business leader and have a good grasp of how to roll out marketing strategies that make a difference to the company
- 5+ years experience in digital content strategy and tactics including content creation, editing, analytics, social media marketing and search engine optimization
- 3+ years experience in project management and/or management of a team
The Content Marketing Specialist position requires a number of skills including:
- Content Marketing – Demonstrated experience with successful management and execution of a content marketing strategy.
- Leadership – Successful experience leading a team in a project driven environment.
- Search Engine Optimization – A demonstrated ability to generate web traffic from search engines.
- Social Media Marketing – Proven experience using social media channels to distribute and amplify the organization’s content.
- Editing – Proven editorial skills including strong language skills and the ability to adjust content to remain consistent with brand, style and tone.
- Drupal – The ability to create content within and troubleshoot issues with the Drupal platform.
- Copywriting – An understanding of how to create and present content that persuades.
- Lead Generation – Demonstrated experience with using digital and/or print content to generate leads and sales.
- Analytics – An excellent command of analytics platforms, such as Google Analytics, to adjust marketing strategy and tactics.