We are looking for a Content Marketing Manager to join our growing Marketing team. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to impact and influence our B2B content strategy as part of the go-to-market motion to support sales enablement and drive pipeline growth by partnering with various teams. You'll use your autonomy, creativity, and vision to achieve our goals. Whatever project you might be managing, you'll obsess over its success. If you're equal parts strategic and project manager, with a "get s*** done" attitude, then this role is for you!
As our Content Marketing Manager, you'll excel as a digital storyteller, calendar organizer, and mentor for your team of writers. On Monday, you might sit through a client onboarding meeting to draft an initial strategy. Tuesday, you may be designing a content series to attract organic visitor traffic. Wednesday, you may work with the writing and editorial team to build a collection of eBooks. To finish off the week you might build editorial calendars and draft case studies, and after reviewing the week's success, you might even have some ideas to share with the design team.
Please note that this role is remote and open to candidates based in Canada.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and manage content that is compelling and well-organized, based on a thorough understanding of business objectives, user needs, and industry best practices
- Support the writing team with planning, writing, and editing short- and long-form written content for a variety of digital uses (blog posts, white papers, eBooks, email marketing, social media, digital ads, and more)
- Create and manage the editorial calendar to ensure timely publication
- Own the blog, driving strategy to grow our audience, provide thought leadership, support SEO goals, and generate leads
- Collaborate on organic social content and digital advertising strategy
- Work closely with the digital events and field marketing to collaborate on event content themes and strategy
- Partner with the Content Strategist, conducting research to understand our customers and prospects, in order to identify gaps in our content and recommend new topics and other marketing materials
- Work with Customer Marketing, collaborating on customer newsletters and specific content focused on onboarding and renewals
- Mentor, develop, and lead a high-performance team of talented writers (full-time and freelance) by providing editorial and professional guidance
What we think is true about you:
- You have 4+ years previous B2B omni channel content or marketing experience
- You are highly self-motivated, able to work autonomously, and proactively communicate across teams
- You are results-oriented with strong analytical skills, including an understanding of key performance metrics for campaign ROI, including pipeline, performance, and brand metrics
- You have strong project management and organizational skills with rigorous attention to detail
- You’re comfortable defining goals and aligning teams towards those goals
- You’re a problem solver with a positive attitude You get stuff done!
- You’re a strong collaborator and enjoy working with folks across the company
- You’re comfortable with change and ambiguity—we’re a growing company and things can be messy sometimes!
- You have a team-building approach to giving and receiving creative feedback
- You are able to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you don’t see yourself fully reflected in every job requirement listed on the posting above, we still encourage you to reach out and apply. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups often only apply when they feel 100% qualified. We are committed to creating a more equitable, inclusive and diverse company and we strongly encourage applicants of all genders, ages, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, sexual orientations, and life experiences to apply.
ThoughtExchange welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Support is available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Finally, we know from time to time emergencies happen and you may need to reschedule an interview - we understand and encourage you to be in communication without worrying about losing the opportunity or your credibility.
Mutual respect and reciprocation are the lifeblood of our company. And a working relationship isn’t just about what you can do for us - it’s also about who we are, and what we can do for you.
Who we are:
- Over 185 inspired people work at ThoughtExchange. Their collective experience, ranging from academia to nonprofit to “I’m a high-school dropout who loves Brené Brown’s work and really wants to make a difference”, make our company the very special place it is.
- Our investors believe in us, too. We’ve previously closed over $18M of investment from some of Canada’s top angels, and we recently closed $34 million in Series B funding with a syndicate of incredible US and Canadian investors. To say that we are ready for take off is an understatement.
What we offer:
- Growth and opportunity. Sure, we offer perks such as training and professional development. But beyond that, you’ll find yourself surrounded by mentors from all walks of life, each with a unique set of skills and experience that brought them here.
- Community. We like getting to know one another both in and out of the workplace, whether it’s collaborating in our virtual company meetings, connecting over donut dates or getting together in our offices or on the road.
- Fulfillment. It’s hard to find yourself counting down the days until Friday when you can see and feel the impact what you’re doing makes on the world. Take a skim through our blog and see what we mean.
- Job satisfaction. We don’t mean to brag, but people love working here.
- Work and life. If we’re not able to take work out of our life when we need to, we’re not able to put our life into our work when we want to. With flex time and remote work opportunities, make anywhere your office.
- Ownership. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, employees receive share options when joining the company. Additional options are awarded throughout your ThoughtExchange career based on ongoing contributions to the company.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!