What are we looking for?
In short: a content marketing and online advertising strategist. You'll help conceptualize and execute on in-house and client campaigns. At some times you'll think like a journalist, at others like a marketer. You'll use your autonomy, creativity and vision to achieve our clients' goals. Whatever project you might be managing, you'll obsess over its success.
As a content marketing manager, you'll excel as a digital storyteller. On Monday you might sit through a client onboarding meeting to draft an initial strategy. Tuesday you may be designing a content series to attract organic visitor traffic. Wednesday you may work with the writing and editorial team to build a collection of eBooks. To finish off the week you might build editorial calendars and draft case studies. After reviewing the week's success, you may have some ideas to share with the design team.
On the advertising side, you'll assist with bringing your content strategy to life. Today you might help create different angles for client campaigns. Tomorrow it could be contributing during the development of ad campaign creative. The next day you may flex your creative skills to tweak landing page copy. Maybe you'll take part in building pitch decks and pitching to potential clients. Your marketing skills will help our clients (and us!) achieve new growth.
Every day we'll expect that you're enthusiastic about content marketing and advertising. And that you'll infect the rest of the team with that enthusiasm.
Gravytrain is a boutique digital advertising and content marketing agency. We build and strengthen positive relationships between our clients and their customers.
We're young - just over 3 years old. Until now, we've specialized in content strategy and development for businesses, professionals and agencies. But content marketing is evolving. Entering 2016, we'll assist our clients with every step of their online marketing campaigns. Before today, we survived using freelancers. Now, we need... you?
- You have at least 1-2 years of content marketing and/or online marketing experience
- You have a formal education in marketing, journalism, advertising or a related discipline
- You're a fun, energetic individual who is both playful and professional
- You're a bit of a nerd who loves marketing and is always ready to learn and level up your skills
- You think of yourself as someone who is disruptive and ready to push the envelope
- You're excited to be a part of a team that treats its members - and its clients - as family
- Exceptional ability to visualize and develop marketing strategies for a diverse array of industries
- Advanced project management, business writing and communication skills. You'll be owning projects from start to finish
- Advanced competency with current content marketing, social marketing and online advertising strategies
- Competent with Microsoft PowerPoint / Apple Keynote and typical Office applications (Word, Excel)
- Competent with WordPress and other content management systems, and all major social media platforms
- Competent with using search engines and other tools for research purposes
- An obsessive attention to detail. We don't send mistakes out the door
- Flexibility and a willingness to work outside of your scope if needed
- A healthy mix of left-brain analytical skills and right-brain creativity
- Experience in working and interfacing with clients
- Experience with creating effective digital advertising
- Experience working with landing pages and in optimizing conversion rates
- Experience with Google Analytics and other analytics tools, and an understanding of statistical significance
- Experience with brand development and business collateral design
- Experience working with Mailchimp or other email campaign systems
The Other Stuff
- You live in Vancouver - we're not looking for remote workers, contractors or freelancers. This is an in-house position.
- You'll spend your day-to-day in a professional office environment in Vancouver. If you're asked to travel, it will be to the occasional conference or event.
- You're okay with the fact that we're a small, intimate team that is on a fast growth trajectory. In this role you'll report to the CEO and work with the entire team.
- We'll offer you a salary that's competitive and the skills needed in this role. This position comes with medical and dental benefits, as well as a paid gym membership.