Job Title: Content Manager
Date: January 2016
Reporting to: Creative Director
Location: Vankleek Hill
Beau’s All Natural Brewing is a close-knit, family-and-friends company. We take collective pride in creating unique, wonderful and organic craft beer, conceived with honest consideration for the environment and our local communities, and delivered with a sense of friendly relationship. A job with Beau’s All Natural means joining a new family – including all the family outings, eye-rolling humour, and wacky siblings you can handle. We have an assertive company culture of camaraderie, strong leadership, ethics, innovation, passion, and genuine enthusiasm for what we do. Life moves pretty fast at Beau’s All Natural. We have names, not titles. We brew using equal parts art and science. And we always have time for our friends.
The Marketing Department at Beau’s is growing! We are seeking a Content Manager to join and grow the content team. Reporting to the Creative Director, the Content Manager will be responsible for creating and administering engaging, informative and entertaining content to inform and delight our customers and fans.
The Content Manager will be responsible for developing and publishing all forms of content including written, visual, and video, in a variety of media formats including traditional, physical and digital. They will be responsible for creating the protocols and administering the content throughout its life cycle, from conceptualization to launch, distribution and legacy.
Great writing and people skills are a must! But so too is extensive digital savviness. The Content Manager will be responsible for all publicly distributed content including social media, several websites, digital video and other online platforms, as well as traditional marketing communications and copywriting duties.
Develop and execute a content strategy with a focus on compelling digital media platforms
- Develop and execute an editorial calendar that aligns activities from various departments and ensures the lifestyle of Beau’s is expressed authentically to online audiences
- Develop and execute strategic plans specifically related to video, blogging, website content and social media
- Apply, create, write, edit and proofread content that contributes to achieving marketing and business goals
- Manage, coordinate and create content for Beau’s social media channels.
- Grow and develop our existing “voice” for all aspects of the company’s online presence
- Create, publish, and maintain content of Beau’s websites and work with designers and developers as necessary to display content appropriately
- Direct and manage the development of new websites
- Develop traditional content pieces, advertisements and marketing materials
- Work with translators and French language copywriters to create bilingual and French language content
- Measure and manage social analytics, reporting and dashboards to maximize the experience for customers and fans
- Contribute creative ideas on how to leverage digital media to help optimize and achieve department goals
- Work with videographers and photographers to develop and produce video and photography content.
- Develop and build a content team including supervisory roles
- Develop and lead an internal editorial board to develop and maintain content
- Assist the Marketing Department with new marketing concepts, initiatives and projects
- Complete related tasks as assigned by the Creative Director and Marketing Manager.
Post-Secondary Education in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Advertising, or a related field at college or university level; and/or 3-5 years equivalent experience.
- Strong writing skills, specifically in the area of marketing or advertising copywriting
- 3+ years experience working with multiple content channels across multiple platforms
- Experience planning and executing content strategies and plans
- Advanced experience managing content and production using popular content management systems (WordPress, Drupal, Shopify, Squarespace, Hootsuite)
- Demonstrated advanced experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, Blogs, MailChimp, etc.) and engaged community management
- Ability to manage multiple projects and thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a strong attention to detail
- Experience solving problems quickly and initiating projects, while taking a proactive and smart approach
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Experience with Basecamp and the Google Drive suite of products an asset
- Experience managing or directing the creation of video work, photography and design desired
- Bilingualism (English and French) considered a strong asset
- Passion, integrity, enthusiasm and a strong commitment to operating within a team environment that is rapidly changing required!
- Overtime as required