A Career Opportunity
UNICEF is the world’s farthest-reaching humanitarian organization for children. Across 190 countries and territories, and in the world’s toughest places, we work day in and day out to help children survive. To defend their rights. To keep them protected, healthy and educated. To give them a fair chance to fulfil their potential. Our work for every child relies entirely on voluntary support, including donations from generous Canadians.
(Permanent; Full-time; based in Toronto)
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Communications, this role is responsible for the creation of targeted digital content to support all channels. The Manager, Content will be expected to produce and source high quality multi-media and multi-channel materials that highlight UNICEF’s work. This role will foster strong relationships with all other National Committees, Private Fundraising & Partnerships (PFP) and Country Offices for gathering materials and supporting UNICEF Canada’s content strategy. The Manager, Content will be a key resource in sourcing images and content that are in line with the organization’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy.
The responsibilities of the position will include:
Content Creation and Management (100%)
- Acts as the content specialist for the organization, producing, digital and video content for a variety of campaigns and projects.
- Acts as an expert on audience insights and works closely with colleagues across the organization to identify opportunities for greater audience digital engagement through story-telling.
- Works closely with Marketing to create a content strategy for the organization.
- Works with various teams to create content that targets key market segments and identify the best medium and best communication tactic to reach targets.
- Writes effective and on-brand content that is line with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion best practices for various channels which includes podcast scripts and video scripts. Produces video content from pre to post-production including, creative development, budget management, advising on technical requirements, acquiring appropriate insurance, sets editing plan and quality controls final output including shooting and editing the final project.
- Edits video content as needed for various channels, including social media and website needs.
- Manages freelance talent to create compelling multimedia, multi-platform content. Negotiates costs to ensure collateral is created on budget.
- Provides content plans and collateral support in the event of an international emergency and for major organizational opportunities.
- As needed, coordinates photo and video resources for field visits for content collection. Provides input on content collection for staff partaking in field travel to ensure content gathered can be leveraged to influence brand positioning and reach. Responsible for ensuring all content is captured according to international child protection policies.
- Collaborates with UNICEF’s offices around the world to effectively source the best content available within the UNICEF system, consistently realizing cost savings to UNICEF Canada.
- Oversees the social media strategy and all activity on social media to support the organizational objectives.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A post-secondary degree, college diploma or equivalent years’ work experience in Marketing, Communications, Radio and Television Arts (RTA), Journalism or production-related discipline.
- A minimum of four (4) to five (5) years’ relevant work experience in content creation, news production or communications.
- Strong writing skills for various channels and types of engagement.
- Video editing skills and experience and a strong working knowledge of video production techniques.
- Experience overseeing content on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
- Experience managing both podcasts and video production.
- The ability to work on diverse projects simultaneously ensuring deadlines, brand and superior quality standards are met.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to easily resolve complex issues and problem solve.
- The interest and ability to innovate and seek out opportunities for organizational growth and cost savings.
- Experience with CMS environments.
- Knowledge of French (an asset).
- An in-depth understanding of Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro (an asset).
- A working knowledge of International Development and/or humanitarian response (an asset).
Salary range: $62,000 to $73,000 per year.
UNICEF Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Consistent with our Child Safeguarding Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including a vulnerable sector screen.
UNICEF Canada is an inclusive workplace and is committed to championing diversity, equity and accessibility. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the position.
UNICEF Canada is committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our volunteers, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact regularly. In our duty of care to protect each other and the communities in which we live and work, all employees, volunteers and any other individuals engaged to provide services in any capacity from a physical UNICEF Canada office premises must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be required to disclose their vaccination status prior to entering an office premises. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for individuals who cannot be fully vaccinated based on protected grounds.