You will join the team that drives Cube Business Media’s marketing in a dynamic role that owns our email marketing, social media management and funnel marketing execution activities. You tell our story in order to attract and engage our community of attendees across all of our event programs. You not only act as the voice of our conferences and tradeshows, but you define the characteristics that reflect the identity of each event program, all the while driving high-conversion campaigns. You work closely with key stakeholders, including our Co-Founders and the Director of Conferences, to execute on our brand and customer engagement strategies along with collaborating on how we can best attract new leads and nurture those sales. You are a brand ambassador in our communities and seek new ways to engage with those groups. You are constantly thinking about how to align existing and future attendees with the events we produce.
This is a permanent, full-time position and we have big goals! Exploring new channels to share original and aggregated content, elevating our external brand touchpoints, refining our marketing tactics and expanding our attendee base.
The Marketing Team is responsible for event branding, ticket sales and engaging our diverse customer base, and as a core member you will help us on our mission to generate connections, build content and create communities. Our end goal is to create physical hubs where likeminded individuals can gather face-to-face, en masse.
What you will do:
- Content marketing strategy, tactics, analytics and results. This is a highly execution-oriented role in a fast-paced environment in the conference and tradeshow space.
- Create and manage content calendar, as well as own posting duties across all of our social media channels
- Plan and implement funnel marketing campaigns, such as promotional emails, landing pages and account-based marketing with conversion and lead generation top of mind.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to produce content in a variety of formats designed to increase brand awareness, drive ticket sales and engage community.
- Your exceptional writing and grammar skills, along with your ability to create high quality, consistent content, are matched by your capacity to manage multiple content themes and channels at any given time.
- Be Creative, imaginative, resourceful and authentic with the ability to manage (often competing) deadlines.
- Author creative and persuasive marketing copy for a wide-variety of assets that support the entire marketing funnel, including:
- Email marketing campaigns
- Advertising copy (print and digital)
- Landing pages
- Video campaigns
- Proficient in various marketing, social media and advertising platforms, including (but not limited to):
- Content management and monitoring tools (ie Hootsuite, Sprout Social, and Instagram Stories)
- Marketing automation (ie. Hubspot, MailChimp and Hatchbuck)
- Video (ie Vimeo, Facebook and YouTube)
- Facebook and Instagram advertising
- Google analytics & tracking tools
- Landing page website testing tools ie. Unbounce, Leadpages or Instapage
- Produce and maintain ongoing reports that show data driven results across your funnel activities, while diligently analyzing and optimizing conversion. You love data to your core!
- Work very closely and collaboratively with other areas of the marketing team, including the Digital Marketing & Design Manager, Communications Manager and Director of Conferences.
- Identify new opportunities for us to explore where content can be the key driver of success.
- From time to time, onsite content creation at various conference and tradeshow events (ie emails).
- Special projects as required
What you bring:
- 3-5 years content writing for web, email and social media
- 3+ years managing digital content strategy for websites, email and social media promotions; and same for account-based and funnel marketing expertise
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in marketing, communications, creative writing, advertising or related field
- Fluent in social, web and channel trends
- Experience with WordPress, Google Analytics, Canva, Photoshop and the top social and funnel-conversion channels – and you are quite comfortable implementing technical setups
- Strong project management skills with proficiency in using project management software tools (ie. Asana, Trello)
- You love data, and believe strongly in data-driven decision making
- Knowledge of tech (software), retail and/or M&A industries a plus
- Experience with community/cultural events, conferences or tradeshows, either producing, managing or volunteering an asset
- Track record of creating awesome campaigns and can speak to the impact it had on the goals and objectives of the company
Who You are:
- A+ storyteller communicated through your strong writing
- Exceptional team player and confident ability to communicate your ideas
- Highly detail oriented and meticulous in proofreading and copy-editing abilities along with outstanding copy-writing skills.
- Experienced at identifying customer personas, sub-segments and previously built funnels to successfully nurture customers through the customer journey
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and have the grit to dig in without being nudged – you are self-motivated!
- Keen interest in the tech sector, startups and/or the retail sector
- Powered to join a small, but mighty team
- A great sense of humour and you aren’t afraid to talk to anyone in any situation
- Value diversity while being inclusive and thoughtful in your approach to customers and stakeholders
Cube Business Media Inc., is a boutique conference and exposition company, founded to generate connections, build content and create communities. We create physical hubs where likeminded individuals can gather face-to-face, en masse. Founders Mark Stephenson and David Tyldesley have over 20-years’ experience in the conference and tradeshow space and together, post-acquisition of a previous venture, founded Cube nearly 3 years ago. Cube owns and operates 10 event programs across Canada, including SAAS NORTH, TechExit, the Business Transitions Forum, KNOWSHOW/KNOWHOW and is self-funded. Our objective is to bring buyers and sellers together, strengthen business ecosystems and create marketplaces where entrepreneurs thrive.