About KPMG International and the Global Resource Centre
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services, operating in 155 countries with almost 174,000 people and with global revenues in FY15 of more than $24.44 billion.
KPMG International, a matrix organization, works at the global level and sets strategy, ensures global consistency and provides expertise to support member firms in the achievement of their business and Employer of Choice objectives. Many resources to support global have been centralized at the Global Resource Centre (GRC) in Toronto. The GRC provides Global Marketing & Communications, Learning & Development, Risk, Finance, Supplier Management and IT.
KPMG Professionals Are...
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service.
Purpose of the job
As part of the Content Publishing team within KPMG Global Digital Marketing, this role is responsible for managing content implementation and day-to-day publishing of content to KPMG’s global web platform. Additionally, this roles requires interaction with KPMG’s internal stakeholders as well as Member Firms to understand their content needs and to advise on the templates, layouts and functionality that can support their business requirements. All publishing must be in alignment with global risk and brand policies, and in accordance with web policies and standards.
Furthermore while working closely with Global Digital Marketing Country Support team, this role will also require the ability to support country digital teams around the world within Member Firms. This includes driving change, technology and standards adoption, training, internal communications and consulting to support KPMG’s global digital marketing strategy and create market impact. Activities may include, but are not limited to, capturing and responding to inquiries, issues, ideas and requirements.
Content Management and Country Support
- Manage and maintain content and content processes for the kpmg.com global site to the highest standards of excellence
- When required, act as a point of contact for country digital teams and stakeholders in all member firms – via mailbox, calls, IM and in-person sessions. This requires a deep understanding and empathy of their requirements, issues and challenges.
- Receive and review scheduled and ad hoc content publishing requests for KPMG global site
- Provide guidance and counsel to content owners on publishing based on current guidelines
- Ensure requests are acted upon and delivered within agreed SLAs
- Upload site resources and create web pages accordingly
- Check with content owner that the relevant rights for documents and imagery have been obtained
- Work with stakeholders and agency on development of Tier 2 and 3 marketing campaigns and support Senior Manager on Tier 1 campaigns
- Assist in the preparation of internal digital marketing newsletter content and regional call meeting materials
- Foster an environment for digital team to share best practices, ensure two-way communications and facilitate appropriate knowledge and resource sharing
- Drive content process that allows for repurposing of content across the global and country sites
Content management (digital channel development)
- Enforcement of brand guidelines and application of meta data in compliance with web standards and policies (e.g. SEO, accessibility, Online Editorial Guidelines)
- Assist Global Marketing team in implementing effective content lifecycle management
- Conduct and lead content audits to identify and address quality issues identified in web monitoring tool
- Support in the implementation of the global digital marketing communications plan/matrix including, presentation packs, invitations, newsletter development etc.
- Manage the key contacts list for global digital marketing.
- Assist in the preparation of internal digital marketing newsletter content and regional call meeting materials.
- Maintain and develop the internal digital marketing portal working closely with the Marketing, Knowledge Manager
- Manage and schedule requests received in team mailbox within agreed SLAs
- Complete or assign requests to offshore team members as needed
- Work with content and graphic design resources in organizing publishing effort
- Liaise with Global Program Delivery (GPD) team to ensure overall project tasks and deliverables are met within provided time frames
- Support Senior Manager and work closely with Product team on discussions regarding updates and changes to the KPMG Digital Marketing platform suite of technologies
- Join efforts to roll out Global campaigns to member firms in the network
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience working with web based content
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat)
- Awareness of web accessibility (W3C), User Experience and SEO
- Proficiency in issue tracking (JIRA or equivalent)
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- HTML skills are an asset, but not a requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, Design or relevant humanistic studies
- 2-3 years’ experience in a Web Publishing, or Digital Account Management role within a corporate or agency environment
- A professional and organized approach to work and a strong team player
- Proactivity and ability to prioritize workloads effectively
- Capable of working under strict deadlines and fast turnarounds
- Ability to work flexible and extended hours as required – connecting and collaborating with colleagues in different time zones
- Ability to work in compliance with strict regulatory standards
- Ability to travel internationally as required
- Experience working overseas or with international stakeholders
- Due to the global nature of the position, cultural sensitivity is key for this role. Candidate must be flexible and able to operate in the context of very different cultures and national approaches
- Strong influencing and communication skills to act professionally, calmly and persuasively when dealing with key stakeholders
- Ability to understand and apply brand, content risk and technology guidelines