BILD (Home Shows Division) is looking for a Community & Content Manager who will lead the curation, development and management of all content marketing and sales initiatives across the departments verticals. The chosen individual will be responsible for activating its consumer following through the development of content and newsletters, engaging it’s corporate audiences in new and thought provoking ways, and the Home Shows’ evolution from physical events to digital publisher.
The ideal candidate for this role is a marketing swiss army knife with experience building social communities, generating digital content and developing marketing collateral. To succeed in this role, the candidate should be comfortable writing and speaking about subject matter including, but not limited to, DIY, cooking, household renovations, interior decorating and outdoor living. Prior experience with CMS platforms including Wordpress is a great asset.
- Evolve and execute the Toronto Home Shows community engagement strategy
- Be the voice of Toronto Home Shows on social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram
- Develop original content for torontohomeshows.com, consumer newsletters and B2B newsletters
- Establish relationships with key bloggers and online influencers
- Produce Show related marketing materials (exhibitor and consumer), from copy and design through to delivery
- Cultivate relationships with partners to deliver shared content on Home Show properties
- Update event websites with relevant content
- Report on digital and social landscape and provide relevant insights
- Combined 2-4 years’ experience managing communities and digital initiatives
- Passion for social media and an active participant in the social sphere
- Proven ability to generate content for a variety of audiences
- Experience designing basic marketing collateral including, but not limited to newsletters, sales sheets and signage
- Proficiency in social listening and digital analytics tools
- Prior experience working with CMS systems including Wordpress
- Experience with the Adobe Publishing Suite, including Illustrator and Photoshop
ROLE REPORTS TO:
Marketing Manager, Toronto Home Shows
ABOUT TORONTO HOME SHOWS
Comprised of the National Home Show, Fall Home Show and the GTA Home & Reno Show, Toronto Home Shows produces some of North America’s largest home + garden events for over 225,000 attendees annually. With a focus on what the future has in store for living spaces, big and small, Toronto Home Shows aims to become the definitive place for consumers to hear about, learn about, and more over play with, the newest technologies and products.
The Building Industry and Land Development Association (BILD) is a well-established and highly respected industry association with an outstanding reputation and excellent brand recognition in Ontario. Created through the merger of Greater Toronto’s Home Builders’ Association and Urban Development Institute in 2006, it now represents 1,400 members in an industry that employs 177,000 people in Greater Toronto Area. BILD has deep reach at the municipal and provincial levels and has respected relationships with developers, builders, professional renovators, employment, and the network of companies that service the building industry. BILD has been consulted with, and involved in, numerous precedent-setting issues in the industry. With GTA forecast to be the third-largest Metropolitan area in North America by 2031, along with the expectation to produce 40,000 new homes each year for the next twenty years; BILD is the voice of an industry with a powerful story to tell.