Glacier Media Group is a leading information Communications Company focused on the provision of essential information and related services through print, electronic and online media.
The Digital team is responsible for the growth of visitors engaging in our digital products and for the generation of revenues via the digital channel. Glacier’s interactive products include numerous consumer and business verticals including, content, news, real estate, deals and more.
Part of the role will be focused on growing Glacier Media’s online audience.
Creative and strategic digital marketer with a solid understanding of the online consumer. Traffic growth and retention are the paramount goal of this role. Responsibilities will include email marketing management and optimizing display, search, social and mobile endeavours to drive conversion, retention and interaction. The successful candidate will also build strategic partnerships and implement other brand building efforts via offline marketing campaigns.
- Develop online marketing strategies (Email, SEO, SEM, SMO & Mobile) with measurable objectives for increased brand awareness and organic consumer traffic;
- Organize email campaign calendar and optimize communication through direct response techniques, including: personalization, offers, creative, timing, A/B testing and targeting;
- Seek and secure marketing partnerships and alliances to build traffic and advance the consumer experience;
- Plan and implement advertising, promotional, PR and event campaigns;
- Govern all campaigns from definition and development to deployment including reporting and recommended actions derived from analytics and performance metrics;
- Oversee the development and testing of creative;
- Collaborate with Product Management to provide support for consumer product development and releases;
- Collaborate with Editor to build and review all site communication and content;
- Stay current on best practices surrounding CRM/email performance, mobile adoption, social media etc.;
- Identify new opportunities through industry research and competitive benchmarking;
- Manage online budgets, forecasting monthly goals and ensuring that they are achieved.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proven track record as an online marketing manager working for a consumer brand;
- Highly organized multi-tasker who can seamlessly manage multiple campaigns in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience and background with Real Estate an asset;
- Proven expertise in building traffic funnel models;
- Ability to remain flexible in his/her approach and a willingness to take creative input from a variety of stakeholders;
- Strong communicator and presenter who is very comfortable interacting with all levels of an organization;
- Good creative intuition when it comes to messaging and designs that represent a brand;
- Experience working with email campaign management systems/platforms;
- Thorough understanding of both email and online performance metrics and benchmarks;
- Extensive technological proficiency with respect to computer and web applications;
- Extensive Internet experience and knowledge of HTML.
- Adaptable and comfortable with tight deadlines, shifting requirements, and changing demands;
- Team player, self-starter, attention to detail but able to see the big picture;
- Strong contributor to building the culture and service value of the team
- Positive outlook with sense of humour
A competitive base salary and ability to earn an annual bonus; excellent benefits including medical and dental.