indaba is a leading content and social media agency in Vancouver. We are currently looking for a Community Manager to compliment the team in our Vancouver office. The successful applicant will be working to create compelling content for both internal and client campaigns.
Qualified candidates for our team must be detail oriented, flexible, have strong multi-tasking, organizational and problem solving skills, work well in a team atmosphere, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Key job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the team in support of the social media strategies that executes against key marketing and social media initiatives for both in-house and client projects
- Engage social communities and build an ecosystem of ambassadors and influencers
- Monitor and engage social channels to understand what’s being said about client brands
- Development of weekly editorial calendars for clients
- Support monthly reporting of social media efforts; track, evaluate and report on progress
- Ability to effectively and creatively communicate information and ideas in written and oral format
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge on the changing social media landscape and developing new, creative ways to promote our brand and client brands while generating involvement from fans & followers
- Completing other projects as assigned.
This is an entry-level position. Ideal candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Positive attitude, high energy, and an eagerness to learn
- Creative, self-motivated, able to take initiative and work well in teams or individually
- Ability to think critically and multitask. Driven to take responsibility for assigned tasks
- Outstanding organizational skills, with keen attention to detail
Preferred skills, but not required for the position:
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe illustrator, and photography
- College degree preferred in liberal arts, journalism, creative writing, or new media