Invoke is an an award winning digital innovation company with a head office based in Gastown, Vancouver, and offices in New York and LA. We work with international brands like Piaggio, Viacom and NBC and develop products like HootSuite, the Eat St. App, Memelabs, and Food.ee. Invoke is looking for a community manager who is a fast learner, a self starter and has a good attitude. This is not an entry level position, as digital strategy and marketing work will be required for the social channels. We are seeking to fill a position working on incubating product in the housing industry.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Creating and implementing a social media and digital strategy for the product.
- Maintaining and cultivating relationships online, using Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, YouTube and others where appropriate.
- Coordinating email design, HTML, execution and tracking.
- Writing blog posts in Wordpress. Familiar with Tumblr.
- Managing, monitoring and set up of KPI's.
- Researching relevant information and content to share through appropriate social channels.
- Setting up Facebook tabs & contests using third party vendors.
- Creating Facebook page strategies based on client goals and expectations.
- Meeting deadlines.
- Participating in client meetings and presentations.
- Writing insightful reports on campaigns successes and advising on campaign strategy.
- Monitoring keywords and analytics.
- Writing blogger outreach copy and press releases.
- Creating case study reports based on trend forecasting and analysis of engagement data.
- Developing and quantifying marketing campaign ideas.
Required skills and experience
- Demonstrable writing skills. Send samples.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent focus on details and proofing.
- Education relevant to marketing, social media or public relations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to juggle and prioritize several projects, and self-motivated to proactively solve problems.
- The ability to wear many hats and learn quickly.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and the industry.
- A positive attitude and a solid work ethic — the ability to handle change is a must.
- 3 + years experience as a community manager.
- 3+ years experience working on online product or software community management.