You’re a solid communicator with a passion for creatively telling stories through video. Through your exemplary writing, project management and strategic skills, you thrive at uncovering story opportunities to support business strategy and engage stakeholders.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, BuildDirect’s Communications & Video Specialist will contribute to the company’s communications planning plus work cross-functionally with other business groups and social channel owners to identify, plan and produce videos. You possess the skills to manage freelance and video production agencies, but also willing to roll up your sleeves and shoot quick videos and edit via iMovie to capture in the moment opportunities.
- Develop video strategy that supports the company’s communications and business goals and objectives.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders throughout BuildDirect to conceptualize and execute videos.
- Work closely with the company’s YouTube channel and content manager to deliver on the organization’s content strategy.
- Write and edit scripts plus develop shot lists and storyboards.
- Assess project needs and source appropriate video vendors and/or equipment.
- Manage both pre and post-production activities through freelancers and video production agencies to achieve targets.
- Manage video production budget and production schedule to deliver cost-effective video projects delivered on time.
- Maintain and organize video footage and related files.
- Capture video on an iPhone or small video camera and edit via iMovie to deliver short, simple and in the moment opportunities.
- Ensure final video product meets BuildDirect’s standards of branding, image and quality.
- To conduct a review of BuildDirect’s video activities and develop a video strategy within your first six months.
- To increase traffic to BuildDirect’s YouTube channel.
- To link video efforts to the increase of site traffic and product sample orders.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of three years experience in public relations, marketing or journalism.
- Sound understanding of communications theory and ethics.
- Proven experience in video production.
- Strong writing skills and how to apply to video scripts.
- Experience working in iMovie or other video editing software.
- Proven ability to deliver projects in spite of delays or changes in direction.
- High levels of integrity and a commitment to do what you say you are going to do.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle numerous projects simultaneously.
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to learn and continuously improve
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or journalism or equivalent work-related experience.