Writer, Marketing & Communications Department (French Bilingual)
Qtrade Financial Group delivers comprehensive, market-leading wealth management solutions to the retail public as well as the customers of hundreds of financial institutions including credit unions, banks, trust companies, insurance companies, financial planning companies and portfolio management firms across Canada. We currently administer over $10.5 billion of investment assets through our subsidiaries and have been ranked among Canada’s top online brokerages for the past decade.
At Qtrade, you’ll find a dynamic, entrepreneurial culture that rewards innovation and celebrates successes. We offer a competitive compensation package, career enrichment, and regular social events to foster teamwork. In this role, you’ll be a part of a creative, ambitious and fun-loving marketing and communications team.
Our continued growth and development drives the need for a highly collaborative bilingual (English and French) corporate communications specialist to support our marketing and communications team. An experienced writer in English, the writer needs to be fluent in French in order to ensure that material written in English has been adapted and /or translated effectively into French.
Working closely with subject matter experts throughout the organization, the role will be responsible for envisioning and writing a wide range of accurate and engaging content for distribution across multiple channels, including:
- Sales and marketing materials, including online and traditional advertising, sales collateral, presentations, etc.
- Web content
- Email marketing initiatives
- Press releases
- Client communications, including website messages, welcome packages, advisor communications, etc.
- Internal communications
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications or Journalism; additional education in marketing will be considered an asset
- A minimum 5 years of full-time experience in communications roles which includes being part of a corporate communications and/or marketing team
- Loves words and creating great copy; ability to write in a variety of formats and styles for multiple audiences, with excellent control of grammar and style
- Fluency in written and spoken French is a requirement as will be expected to adapt copy for French audiences as well as provide oversight on copy provided by translation partner
- Experience developing online content, and familiarity with best practices in writing for search engine optimization
- Experience writing for investment management and/or financial service firms is preferred
- Experience with social media tools within a corporate environment would be an asset
- Agency experience an asset
- Media relations experience an asset
- Strong business acumen, with insight into consumer behaviour
- Ability to work collaboratively and diplomatically with diverse stakeholders
- Strong verbal communications skills
- Self-starter with strong initiative and creativity
- Thrives in a high-growth, entrepreneurial, and professional environment
Location: We are located in downtown Vancouver at the Bentall One Building (corner of Burrard and Pender), two blocks away from the Burrard Skytrain station.