TelmedIQ is a growing technology company looking for a talented Communications Specialist. You really enjoy writing – articles, blogs, press releases, white papers, web pages – you have a way with words and craft compelling and effective messaging that contributes to a company’s growth and visibility in the market place.
You have a degree or diploma in PR, communications, journalism or marketing and 5+ years of experience with a PR agency or within a communications team. You have a vision for how to get an organization noticed and a knack for understanding technology.
We need a self starter who can create an effective communication plan, ensure our materials are fresh and that can get us noticed by the media and an extremely busy C-Suite target market.
TelmedIQ provides a cloud based mobile communications platform for medical practices, hospitals, and other healthcare organizations. TelmedIQ’s solutions reduce patient safety risks and the financial burdens associated with outdated communications infrastructure by providing a modern cloud framework that integrates with existing IT and clinical workflow systems. TelmedIQ primary services include pager replacement, automated medical answering services, and clinically integrated secure messaging.
Here is a break down of what you will do:
- Design and implement a PR strategy that gets our name in the news often;
- Create newsworthy content and pitch stories to media contacts;
- Co-ordinate media requests with the Marketing Manager and other key staff members;
- Monitor industry related stories and build a database of key media contacts;
- Write blog posts, white papers, abstracts, articles, emails, website content and social media content;
- Create new marketing content, edit existing content and input updates on websites and social media channels, both written and through video;
- Develop and/or execute specific social media activities across various platforms, monitor media outlets and blogs for topics and linkable content;
- Work closely with other team members to review and improve social engagement;
- Ensure developed content supports SEO effectiveness;
- Pitch speaking opportunities and assist in the development of effective presentations; and
- Provide input on other Marketing initiatives and projects.
- 5+ years of writing experience with a PR agency or within a communications team
- Experience writing about software or technology preferred
- Degree or diploma in PR, communications, journalism or marketing
- Intermediate-advanced skills in Word, PR Wires and Power Point
- Excellent verbal / written communication & English language skills
- Able to prioritize and make routine decisions independently
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced office environment
- Highly motivated, proactive, adaptable and enthusiastic
- Ability to create systems to streamline day to day activities and avoid mistakes
Reports to: Marketing Manager