Are you a self-directed communications professional who’s skilled at creating and delivering engaging and meaningful content that makes a tangible difference? Are you passionate about helping others and eager to promote the well-being of BC’s growing population of family caregivers?
Family Caregivers of BC (FCBC) is looking for a part-time (17-20 hrs/week) dynamic, creative, and compassionate communicator who’s excited to be part of our mission of informing, supporting, and educating to improve the quality of life for family caregivers. The Communications Specialist will work remotely, but collaboratively with the FCBC team to update and implement the Communications Plan. They are responsible for managing FCBC’s digital channels and will act as the lead writer and designer for media releases, educational materials, website and social media content, aimed at promoting our key messages and engaging family caregivers, health care partners, and community organizations.
To excel in the Communications Specialist role, you have:
- A degree or diploma in a related discipline
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Experience composing articles, media releases, educational materials, and online content
- An excellent understanding of social and email marketing strategies and data-driven implementation
- The ability to work and thrive in a virtual team environment, including project management
- An aptitude for multi-tasking, shifting priorities, and responding to emerging issues
- Skills and experience in digital and print layout, design, and publishing (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
Who are we? Family Caregivers of BC is a registered charity dedicated to supporting those who care for an adult family member or friend because of disease, disability or frailty due to aging. Our services enable family caregivers to build skills, reduce stress, and enhance quality of life.
The Communications Specialist is a term contract position until March 31st, 2018, with the potential for renewal. The rate is $20-$25 per hour depending on skills and experience.