Join Schneider Electric and power your career! Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Schneider Electric Solar Business has an outstanding opportunity for a multimedia savvy individual to assume the role of Communications Specialist in our Burnaby BC location. The position is responsible for developing and posting content for our YouTube sites, growing our brand awareness and managing our global website.
- Work with Global Product Managers and other key stakeholders to prioritize and develop content for new videos.
- Proven experience creating high quality videos in a variety of formats with third party vendors as well as your own point-and-shoot video camera and editing software.
- Working knowledge of applicable software applications strongly preferred, including Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro and non-linear editing.
- Managing YouTube account and develop campaigns to help build brand awareness.
- Monitoring brand activity on YouTube site.
- Maintain an appropriate schedule for updating material and researching trends.
- Create and maintain a pipeline of press releases, working closely with countries and business development teams.
- Write, proof and publish press releases to the countries as well as global publications.
- Identify and build relationships with global publications to increase the reach of our releases and to foster our thought leadership.
- Think of out-of-the-box ways to build our brand awareness.
- Create articles and circulate them through global publications.
- Become the voice of organization online, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate and engage in conversation with our target market.
- Work closely with Global Marketing web team and other members of the Solar Team to optimize, develop and push the boundaries of our current website - with a great emphasis on developing a site that is more customer-friendly.
- Work with country marcom teams to ensure their websites are updated.
- Increase traffic through an effective search engine optimization and online visibility strategy.
- Be actively involved and contribute regularly to the development of new content and page updates.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors in Marketing.
- Proven experience creating engaging, multi-medium videos and increasing a brand awareness.
- Strong written communication.
- Experience with SEM, SEO and affiliate marketing .
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong creative skills (out-of-the-box thinker).
- Self-starter and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Success growing brands particularly through videos and web design.
- Ability to shoot and edit your own films as well as work with outside vendors.
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to put something that is very technical into layman’s terms.
- Strong attention to detail especially regards editing and proofing copy.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong command of measurement tools like Google Analytics.
- Experience with Photoshop a huge asset.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric every employee has the power to take control over his or her career and to draw motivation from our shared talent mindset. Our comprehensive Total Employee Experience offer enables employees to manage their professional development and prepare for the next step in their career. This offer includes: a competitive health and wellness package, retirement plans, World Employee Share Ownership Plan, mentoring, internal and international mobility, technical, functional, individual and managerial development, and much more. Join Schneider Electric. Make the most of your energy.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructure, Industries & Machines Manufacturers, Non-residential Building, Data Centres & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group's 140,000 plus employees achieved sales of 30.8 billion US dollars (24 billion euros) in 2012, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy.
Please apply online at http://us-careers.sc..ectric.com. This position will be posted until filled.
Agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.