Established in 1986, Aeroguard Group's core business is airport passenger and baggage pre-board screening. The current operations consist of twenty-three (23) airports across Canada with 2000 employees. Working towards the goal to be the leader in aviation security, Aeroguard prides itself on providing exceptional customer service to the traveling public while continuously pursuing excellence in safety, quality and performance.
Aeroguard is seeking a Communications Specialist in Vancouver for a 3 month contract. Reporting to the Vice President of Corporate Affairs, this position is responsible for:
- Creating, implementing and managing strategic internal communication plans, messages, positioning efforts and programs that support corporate priorities and change management plans.
- Developing internal communications strategies and writing and editing materials in support of Aeroguard's transition/change management project and other programs.
- Collaborating with the project management team to develop aligned communications supporting all phases of projects and programs.
- Communicating transition/change management and human resources information in understandable language for key audiences.
- Collaborating on the ongoing analysis of internal communication materials and campaigns.
- Making recommendations to improve effectiveness of communications and streamlining of production and delivery.
- Writing content for various materials in support of Aeroguard's strategic priorities and other human resources programs.
- Working closely with business units to understand target audience requirements and develop relevant solutions.
- Developing, launching, and managing internal programs and publications that improve communications to employees throughout the organization. Determines appropriate delivery channels for internal communication.
- Participating on project teams, as appropriate.
- Three or more years' experience in internal communications/writing, preferably in security, airline or transportation setting.
- Degree or diploma in Communications, English, Journalism, Marketing, or related field.
- Experience in transition/change management communications, preferred.
- Experience with project management.
- Experience in collaborating with various departments and teams within an organization.
- Works well with little direction.