ERA is a heritage architecture firm based in downtown Toronto. We specialise in architecture, heritage conservation, adaptive reuse, urban and rural planning, landscape, and urban design. Our office is made up of architects, planners, designers and project managers who work collaboratively and creatively on hundreds of active projects.
We're looking for a Communications Specialist to join our Business Development team. You will support the strategic goals of the firm creatively and administratively by developing and executing external and internal facing communications materials. This work includes maintaining ERA’s brand standards, building trusted relationships with internal teams and external organizations alike, and coordinating, tracking, and reporting on communications efforts.
You are a motivated self-starter with a high degree of energy and initiative, yet you respond to your work with tact, diplomacy and care. You are an organized individual who has a superior skill set for connecting with others, deal well with ambiguity, and bring a strategic but personal approach to every new interaction. You have a pragmatic and versatile approach to integrating communications and publicity efforts into a busy and creative office, often prioritising and coordinating many tasks at once.
- Assist in developing external communications collateral including press communications, project fact sheets, and company backgrounders in support of the Business Development team.
- Assist in developing briefs, key messages, Q&A, presentations, and conference materials for Principals and key staff.
- Work with the Business Development team to support ERA’s online presence.
- Maintain and update website content and assets (company profile, bios, project portfolio, etc.)
- Coordinate and schedule project photography and other required creative services in support of the RFP team and awards submissions.
- Monitor media, publications, and online channels to ensure accuracy and to identify trends that can inform ongoing communications strategy.
- Build, research, and maintain media contact database and serve as a central contact point for communications and media requests.
- Build, research, and maintain industry awards database and serve as a central point for coordination among teams to develop and complete submission materials.
- Maintain conference calendar, identify opportunities, and coordinate attendee registrations and schedules.
- Coordinate ERA’s sponsorship, donations, and advertising programs, including tracking and reporting on ROI and exposure.
- Provide internal communication strategies and support to ensure staff knowledge about major projects, milestones, and opportunities such as courses, conferences, and community events.
- Represent the firm at events, awards presentations, community and public forums, and create content to meet the firm’s communications goals.
- Ability to synthesize complex information to develop compelling stories;
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills;
- Extremely organized with the ability to multitask and set priorities;
- Competency with Adobe Suite, including photo editing and layouts;
- Experience with events or other public-facing engagement;
- A degree in public relations, communications, or marketing, with experience in a related field;
- An understanding of and appreciation for architecture and urban policy and planning would be an asset.