The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
Working as a key member of the Communications and Engagement team, this position develops and implements communication plans and promotional activities; researches, writes, and edits a variety of publications and promotional materials; prepares media releases, backgrounders and speaking notes.
- Bachelor's degree in communications (or a related field) plus minimum of 3 years job related experience or, a diploma in journalism, public relations or communications plus a minimum of 5 years job related experience
- In depth knowledge and understanding of communication practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound judgement and independent decision making skills
- Experience with website content management systems and social media messaging an asset
The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.