Communications Specialist full-time
Office Services is looking for a Communications Specialist reporting directly into the Manager of Office Services Support Services.
The Communications Specialist is a key member of the team responsible for enabling the organization and its senior leaders to communicate effectively. Specifically, this position supports the communication requirements for Office Services and any internal communications that impact employees within Office Services, our Business Unit Clients, external vendors and communication requirements through MFCentral. The successful candidate will also be responsible for day-to-day content management of the Office Services home page on MFCentral, monthly employee and quarterly client newsletters, OS Client SLA and Accuracy reports, all OS Database and adhoc employee and client communications. This involves working with various content owners to ensure timely updates to their content. In addition, this position will be the key coordination point for enhancements made to all communication forums, and will look for new opportunities to expand the content and the reach of the content via other distribution channels.
The successful candidate will also work with clients to develop and implement sound communication plans and strategies that support business goals and objectives. This includes understanding the impact on customers/employees, articulating key messages and helping develop and implement solutions, tools and processes and measuring results.
- Provide project management support and work with the OS Leadership team to successfully drive employee communications forward at Manulife. Work/collaborate with peers within the OS Operations and in the Business Units to develop and execute plans to support communication requirements. Anticipate issues and recommend solutions.
- Prepare and write articles/materials for the MFCentral, monthly employee and quarterly client newsletters, OS Client SLA and Accuracy reports, all OS Database communications and adhoc employee and client communications, which promote OS news and events. Schedule and publish these articles as required. Monitor issues that may arise and recommend solutions to the Manager for approval.
- Consult with senior managers on the development of communication programs. Implement the approved programs of the employee communications strategies that support the vision, values and key business priorities of Office Services. Manage implementation issues and ensure that these are resolved promptly.
- Development of applicable communications documentation (communication plans, critical paths, etc).
- Provide communication support for Office Services programs and initiatives.
- Deliver on the internal communications plan, ensuring that there is a steady flow of meaningful, relevant and timely communications.
- Provide business oversight and project management for OS Sharepoint site
- Oversee the Sharepoint homepage, ensuring timely updates and encouraging posting
- Develop tactics to drive traffic to, and usage of, Sharepoint.
- University or college degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years progressive work experience in a communications function, or in a related field (ie. marketing, journalism)
- Excellent verbal communication, writing and editing skills
- Strong communications consulting and interviewing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence, negotiate and build consensus effectively
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic, ever-changing work environment
- Strong project management, organizational and analytical skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Proven ability to help develop, recommend and implement marketing/communications tactics consistent with business objectives
- Familiarity with Web publishing concepts
- Highly computer literate with advanced level skills using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Desktop publishing software
- Experience in the asset management industry an asset
About Manulife Financial
Manulife Financial is a leading Canadian-based financial services group operating in 22 countries and territories worldwide. For more than 120 years, clients worldwide have looked to Manulife for strong, reliable, trustworthy and forward-thinking solutions for their most significant financial decisions. Our international network of employees, agents and distribution partners offers financial protection and wealth management products and services to millions of clients around the world. We provide asset management services to institutional customers worldwide as well as reinsurance solutions, specializing in life and property and casualty retrocession. Funds under management by Manulife Financial and its subsidiaries were Cdn$481 billion (US$498 billion) as at June 30, 2011. The Company operates as Manulife Financial in Canada and Asia and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as 'MFC' on the TSX, NYSE and PSE, and under '945' on the SEHK. Manulife Financial can be found on the Internet at www.manulife.com.