The Writing Specialist works with the Manager, Communications to produce stellar, donor-centric written copy for a wide range of exciting projects. The role is responsible for creating impactful and memorable communications materials that galvanizes support from our audience(s). Our successful candidate will collaborate with the rest of the Communications team and other staff to contribute to the continued growth of the Foundation’s brand and its programs.
- Join a dynamic team with proven success delivering on the largest hospital fundraising campaign in Western Canada
- Channel your storytelling expertise to inspire philanthropy that will make a city-building impact for generations to come
- Bring your exceptional writing and editing skills to a high-performing, tight-knit Marketing and Communications team
- Work collaboratively with the Communications team and other teams at St. Paul’s Foundation to support the new St. Paul’s Hospital on the Jim Pattison Medical Campus and the transformation of seniors’ and long-term care at care homes across BC.
· Write, edit, and proofread a broad range of communication and marketing materials, including but not limited to: cases for support, fundraising proposals, speaking notes, web copy, media materials, donor letters, editorial content
· Support copy development for fundraising, video/radio scripts, and marketing content that engages, stewards, and cultivates donors through online and offline channels
· Manage our brand’s voice and editorial standards by working with the Communications team, Foundation staff, and/or external service providers to ensure copy is on-brand and consistent across media channels
· Conduct research and story interviews with donors, volunteers, staff, patients, and other partners to produce donor-centric communications
· Provide editorial support to Foundation staff
· Support the Communications team with editorial content for web, Promise magazine, and social media
- Contribute to the team’s overall success by ensuring a coordinated and impactful approach to the Foundation’s marketing and communications activities.
- Five or more years of experience in writing and editing, preferably with a fundraising organization, creative agency, or an organization of similar scope
- Undergraduate or graduate degree(s) in English, Journalism, Communications, or a related field of study preferred
- Exceptional computer skills. Proficiency in any or all of the following: Microsoft Office, WordPress or similar CMS, Raiser’s Edge, Marq, email marketing platforms, and project management tools such as Monday or similar software(s).
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!