St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation is building. We have a great neighbourhood, an outstanding health centre and lots of important fundraising priorities as part of our Promise campaign. We believe that improving and sustaining the health of our community depends on building strong partnerships with our neighbours.
St. Joseph’s Health Centre is a large community teaching hospital of 3,500 care providers supporting a community of half a million Torontonians. The Foundation is growing and we are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic team player who wants to work as part of a dynamic team focused on servicing and attracting support from our patients, neighbours and friends in our west end community.
The Communications Officer is a key member of the St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation team. This person has a positive attitude, an inquisitive mind and enjoys working with others. S/he has exceptional attention to detail and enjoys managing several priorities simultaneously, thriving on the fast pace.
He/she will reports to the Director of Communications to implement the marketing and communications strategy. S/he also works with the full Foundation team, the Health Centre and the Foundation’s suppliers. S/he actively supports the Foundation’s events, annual, major gift and planned giving programs.
The Communication Officer’s main responsibility is developing strategies and implementing tactics for social media and e-communications. This includes developing personas, developing creative (writing copy, sourcing images, and designing layouts), posting and scheduling, inputting data lists, analyzing digital performance, optimizing the creative, and making recommendations to continually improve performance.
He/she is also responsible for updating and maintaining the website, including online donations. Skills in WordPress are required. S/he works with the Foundation’s web design supplier to regularly improve the site. Knowledge of Blackbaud Luminate is an asset.
The Communications Officer attends and takes photos and/or video at most events and creates content for various online and offline communications. Photography and videography editing skills are assets as well as design experience.
- Manage the Foundation’s digital communications: provide strategic input, develop creative, write and source content, implement and analyze results
- Manage the Foundation’s website: update and design content, build microsites and donation pages using Luminate Online
- Manage social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn): develop strategies, develop personas, and write compelling content, set up ads using Facebook Ads Manager, Google AdWords, Google Display Network, and Hootsuite. Set-up ad tracking on websites, analyze results using Google Analytics and Facebook Ad Manager Insights
- Manage the Foundation’s monthly e-newsletter: help write content, import data lists, analyze results
- Send e-blasts: help write content, design, import data lists
- Design invitations, flyers, inserts and other small print materials
- Take photos and shoot/edit short video clips for use on the website and other communications
- University or college degree preferred
- At least two years of related experience; communications background preferred
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, WordPress, social media platforms like Hootsuite and multimedia experience
- High interest and ability to use technology to communicate, such as website development: Blackbaud Team Raiser and Luminate Online skills are strong assets
- Experience with mass email like Mail Chimp
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS is an asset
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Experience with photography and video editing software (Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work well with others, excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude
- Not-for-profit experience is an asset, but not mandatory