TORONTO FOUNDATION FOR STUDENT SUCCESS
Toronto Foundation for Student Success is looking for a well-rounded communications officer. We are looking for a self-motivated, personable communications specialist to manage all aspects of our communications from web to social media and all print materials. Excellent interpersonal, written, communication and web skills are required.
- Develop and implement strategic communications vehicles, including briefing notes, backgrounders, news releases, media lines, questions and answers, speeches, speaking points, internal and external publications, e-mails, correspondence, social media and Web site;
- Preparation of media releases and media kits and participation in media events;
- Web site maintenance, administration and support;
- Provide support with communications through content posting and development, including proofreading, writing and editing upon request;
- Coordinate regular review of website content and work with content owners to ensure freshness and accuracy;
- Creation of content and formatting as necessary;
- Ensure all media and website designs adhere to and evolve with the Foundation’s brand, established style guidelines and best practices;
- Ensure compliance with applicable legal requirements and policies on website usage, security and standards.
- Coordinate the work of sub-contractors as necessary (printers, etc.);
- Support for and involvement in Foundation events and activities on an occasional basis as required.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, ideally in communications, journalism, public relations or a related field;
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, with the ability to draft clear and compelling internal and external communications;
- Experience for writing for both Web, electronic and print media;
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills with a demonstrated track record;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and successfully implementing communications strategies;
- Strong project management and organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure, juggling multiple priorities and tight deadlines;
- Ability to approach communications tactics with innovation, contributing new ideas and concepts to realize objectives in a cost-efficient and effective manner;
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently and collaboratively in the give-and-take of a creative team environment;
- Familiarity with multimedia authoring tools, desktop publishing, layout and design, photography, print production, social media tools and Web applications.
- A current driver’s license and access to a car is an asset.
Salary commensurate with experience.