Communications & Media Manager full-time
Seeking a career with an innovative non-profit organization? Join a Charitable Foundation with a proud 65-year history of serving the people of BC!
TB Vets has been a hybrid model of social enterprise since 1946, long before the term was even coined. TB Vets funds respiratory disease research and education, provides life-saving respiratory equipment to BC hospitals, and ensures ongoing and meaningful employment for people with disabilities.
As BC’s original KeyTag Program, TB Vets has always worked for the money we raise. This is how we continue the proud legacy of our founding veterans and the cornerstone of our growth and success.
Reporting to the Executive Director, you will be responsible for operational planning, creative, PR and social media.
- Draft, implement and revise (ongoing, as required) a comprehensive, overall Communications Strategy for TB Vets Foundation in order to grow TB Vets donor base and meet financial objectives.
- Create, implement and manage a Revenue Development Strategic Plan for the Business Unit, complete with projected ROI and annual growth strategies.
- Improve ROI of existing services (wherever possible) and identify new opportunities and/or services in order to augment revenue potential.
- Identify market segments and develop key messaging statements for target audience.
- Assist to review and refine strategies to attain maximum gift, including monthly donations.
- Manage work flow within timelines to meet deadlines for various fundraising activities.
• Manage creative - design supervision and copy/content creation and copy editing - for all communications initiatives including the website, e-blasts, social media initiatives, annual campaigns, donor communications, partnership and sponsor letters, advertising, brochures, fundraising product information (as needed) and other projects, as required.
PR and Social Media
- Develop a comprehensive and ongoing communications plan to promote TB Vets and maximize public awareness regarding all TB vets initiatives. i.e. press releases, local broadcast and print news media, hospital staff, research groups and special interest groups.
- Source cost effective public relations avenues and develop key relationships with local and national media.
- Develop, implement and actively drive all social media interaction groups, i.e. Facebook, Twitter.
- Develop relationships with those who can provide TB vets with success stories outlining the results that we achieve on behalf of our donors.
- Manage the “public image” of TB Vets, including responding to donor and public complaints and inquiries, representing the organization at media functions and events, attending meetings of special interest groups, speech-writing and assisting members of the Foundation in preparing for press interviews.
- 4-6 years of related creative writing/editing experience, ideally gained in the not-for-profit sector, or within advertising, public relations, corporate communications, or marketing communications role.
- Completion of post-secondary education in business writing, marketing, communications, or another related field
- Business training or experience, preferably in the Non-Profit Sector
- Supervisory experience
- Extensive use of MS Office and Internet
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Drupal and Raiser’s Edge would be definite assets
- Understanding of various writing and design techniques
- Typing and editing skills with an emphasis on accuracy
- Works well alone and as a member of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good judgment and leadership abilities
- Self-starter; able to prioritize and multi-task
- Organization and time management, works to deadline