Communications & Marketing Specialist - Building Technologies
The world is looking for answers that last. And they start here.
For the last 100 years, Siemens has been here in Canada, providing great employment opportunities to highly-motivated people. It's our tradition to promote excellent work, develop talent, and recognize success.
Siemens is proud to be one of the Top 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in Canada, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers.
Our 4,400 employees in Canada develop and manufacture products, design and install complex systems and projects, and tailor a wide range of solutions for individual requirements. We stand for technical achievement, innovation, quality, and reliability.
- Developing and implementing a marketing and communications strategy for Building Technologies (BT) Canada in line with corporate Siemens Canada (SCAN) and BT US communication strategies
- Strategy to have measurement aspects and KPI's to be achieved
- Developing budgets for marketing and communication for BT Canada
- Liaison with SCAN and BT US to leverage support resources and best practices on BT Canada communication and marketing requirements
- Collaborating with leadership, areas, and departments within organization to outline plans to implement specific strategic initiatives, programs, and projects
- Supporting leadership, areas, and departments in communication of plans status and results Developing communication support personnel in areas
- Providing market information to business lines, business units, and areas to help drive order intake and providing a pulse on market growth
- Organizing and managing selected national trade shows and customer events in alignment with the business and communication strategy
- Participating in the planning and delivery of conferences for BT CAN or Infrastructure and Cities (I&C) sector
- Maintaining and strengthening our division-wide communications tools including but not limited to State of Business webinars and presentations, leadership slide decks and talking points as required, intranet, internet, online social media platform, videos, e-newsletters, announcements, as well as leading local Building Technologies-specific communications projects e.g. videos, events, town halls, PowerPoint and intranet
- Submitting stories for the Siemens industry-wide and SCAN employee newsletters e.g. The Insider Dialogue
- Ensuring applicable communication from Siemens AG Global BT IC Sector Siemens Industry Inc and BT US is properly distributed to BT CAN employees as applicable and in accordance with all governance
- 5 years of experience in related field minimum
- Strong previous experience in employee communication, internal company journalism, marketing, or comparable work
- BA in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field
- Good understanding of Building Technology's business practices and offerings and how customers benefit
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills in English also preferably in French
- Exceptional copy-editing and proofing skills are also required
- Strong social media knowledge and experience
- Strong marketing knowledge and experience
- Ability to think strategically, creatively, and have good judgment
- Ability to troubleshoot issues, determine next steps, and complete tasks with attention to detail
- Highly proficient technical skills in Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook as well as SharePoint
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to coordinate projects from conception to final product
- Great multi-tasking and project management skills are also required
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills written, presentation, and verbal
- Ability to learn at an accelerated pace
- Adaptable and flexible
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay, great benefits, and a global network offering real opportunity for growth and advancement.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.