Reporting to the President, the successful candidate will own all aspects of the Canadian Country Music Association (“CCMA”) communications and marketing strategies and programs. Comfortable with creating and implementing new programs with an array of partners and stakeholders, as well as the day-to-day delivery of the CCMA’s key messages, this position requires balance between strategy and execution.
The role demands an upbeat and flexible attitude and a desire to work in a small fast-paced not-for-profit office environment that uses a team player approach.
This full time position pays an annual base salary of $45,000 to $50,000(based on experience) and is located in Toronto.
Note: This canvass is for a full time position, but will consider candidates with ideal experience who may be seeking a part time position. Please indicate preference in cover letter.
This position’s responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Maximize the exposure of the CCMA brands across Canada (and internationally):
- Utilize existing stakeholders and build new partnerships to deliver plans in a cost effective manner
- Develop and maintain CCMA brand guidelines
- Prime for all annual Country Music Week communications and marketing initiatives:
- Develop overall themes and key messages that will be reinforced leading up to and throughout this annual, national event
- Monitor and ensure these key messages and CCMA brand guidelines are consistently delivered through all platforms and programs
- Develop and manage awareness programs to drive maximum eligible membership and fan voting throughout all three balloting phases for the CCMA Awards program
- Focusing on current CCMA membership (and other potential key industry audiences), drive and deliver programs to create awareness and ultimately delegate registrations
- Working intimately with broadcasting partners to develop and deliver programs, drive awareness and ultimately viewership of the annual CCMA Awards national broadcast
- Create and deliver awareness programs of Country Music Week “public” events
- Implement all promotions with various stakeholders
- Select and liaise with contracted Public Relations team
- Overall prime for development and implementation of annual online (i.e. social media and websites) plans
- Involved as communications/marketing prime for all CCMA managed projects/programs
- Lead annual marketing research campaigns as required
- Proven 3 years minimum experience in a communications role
- Experience in strategic planning and execution
- Highly comfortable and competent with all social media platforms
- Above average professional written and verbal communication
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Positive outlook, with the ability to work well alone or with a team
- Ability to develop and maintain strong partner relationships
- Strong attention to detail and above average organizational skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Knowledge of HTML and website design would be a strong asset
- Post-secondary degree or diploma from college or university required
About the Canadian Country Music Association (CCMA)
Established in 1976, the CCMA® is committed to ensuring the growth of Canadian country music through education, communication, information, promotion and recognition. Core to the organization’s efforts is Country Music Week – an annual event that heightens awareness and increases exposure for Canada's country artists. A culmination of Country Music Week, the Canadian Country Music Awards™ were inaugurated in 1982 and continue to celebrate the music and artists that represent Canada’s unique culture.
The office is located in downtown Toronto and prides itself on its casual and friendly environment.