GenomeDx Biosciences is a dynamic entrepreneurial startup molecular diagnostics company focused on cancer genomics. Whether on the phone with patients, or in the cloud with big data, our innovators are working hard to give back to the patient what cancer takes away: information for life.
Our team is constantly learning from each other, from patients and from urologic oncology professionals in world-renowned cancer institutions. We work in multi-disciplinary, collaborative project teams that enable us to respond effectively to an evolving, growing, data-driven environment.
We are currently seeking a Communications Manger who is self-motivated, organized and well versed in medical communications. The Communications Manager will work closely with executive management to support all manner of corporate and investor relations, including preparation and dissemination of press releases and management of all digital communications. This position requires the ability to understand, synthesize & distill complex issues.
If you think you have what it takes to be part of an elite group of entrepreneurial innovators we invite you to consider joining the GenomeDx team.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design and execute a cross-channel communications strategy in partnership with various stakeholders
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the business and its products
- Preparation & management of all corporate press releases
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure on target messaging and timely review and approval of all external communications
- Manage third party communications agency for timely issuance of press releases and to ensure PR and media strategy is aligned with corporate goals
- Manage development & dissemination of content across social media and other digital platforms
- Report regularly on digital analytics and make recommendations based on data to propose new digital strategies or campaigns
- Continue to grow and leverage our online presence
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Communications, PR, Journalism or Marketing is preferred, although direct relevant practical experience of communications in a medical or technical environment will be considered
- 2 to 3 years direct experience in a communications or investor relations role in the medical arena, preferably in molecular diagnostics, biotech or pharma
- Able to understand complex ideas and synthesize into key value points for the company
- Solid understanding of social media platforms and analytics (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- Organized and well-versed at operating across multiple functions including senior management, R&D, clinical and commercial teams
- Skilled at PowerPoint, proficient with other Microsoft Office applications, knowledge of Google Analytics, Wordpress, Photoshop and other professional digital/web editing tools (e.g. Adobe suite) beneficial.
- Strong attention to detail, strong proof-reading.
- Can do attitude. Pro-active.
- Independent, self-motivated, action-oriented.