Tracking Code: 164-028
Reporting to the Executive Vice-President, Marketing, the Communications Manager is responsible for the planning and delivery of internal / external communications. This position develops and executes communication strategies to effectively target audience(s) promoting LGMs profile and supporting our company in maintaining a leadership position in the automotive industry. This is a full time permanent role. We are growing at a rate of 30% year over year and are continuously growing our team. This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference and work with a Profit 500 company and one of Canada's most desired workplaces.
Develop external communications plan with management and execution of the following deliverables:
- Develop a plan to position LGM as the F&I expert in the Canadian automotive industry
- Research, write and pitch article submissions and press releases for industry publications
- Develop and manage crisis communications plan
- Monitor online presence and manage feedback
- Set up and manage social media platforms
Develop company-wide internal communications plan with management and execution of the following deliverables:
- Update and manage company intranet
- Manage company newsletters, bulletins and announcements
- Draft senior executive communications
- Facilitate quarterly executive broadcasts
- Copywriting for marketing collateral and websites
- Event management of internal communication events.
- Effective Communicator: Able to clearly and articulately present information through the spoken and written word.
- Collaboration: Develops positive relationships with others in order to build consensus, morale and commitment to goals and objectives
- Flexibility: Easily adapts to changing environment and resources.
- Assertiveness: Able to maturely and freely express one’s feelings and opinions even when there maybe disagreement.
- Conceptual Thinking: Intuitively understands what people want to see and what is possible.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills including writing, editing and proofreading
- Must be able to develop effective and creative internal / external communications programs
- Ability to work on a broad scope of projects; strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple competing project priorities with shifting deadlines and deliverables
- Team player, able to work collaboratively at all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational, planning, influence and follow-up skills
- Comfortable executing communication plans through various mediums including social media
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Confident presenter and public speaker
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Minimum Four years’ experience developing and executing strategic communications plans
- Post-secondary education in Communications