The Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada is looking for a Communications Manager, to be based in Vancouver, BC.
This manager is responsible for managing communication and media activities to ensure that there is effective and consistent dissemination of the Foundation’s brand, key messages, and research / event outputs.
- Develop and manage a communications plan for APF Canada as a whole as well as for specific Foundation activities
- Handle media relations and media requests, including the development of media strategies, identifying media opportunities, and liaison with media, and other partners on promotion of project activities
- Prepare APF Canada’s Annual Report and manage the editing and production process for APF Canada publications
- Uploading, writing, editing and updating content for APF Canada websites, including editing the daily Canada-Asia news service
- Overseeing the Media Fellowship Programme, including recruitment and selection of media fellows
- Manage social media outreach and development
- Coordinate APF Canada’s marketing activities, including the development of marketing materials
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of communications and public relations strategies
- Knowledge of current affairs in Asia and Canada-Asia relations
- Knowledge of media organizations and practices
- Ability to create persuasive messages
- Demonstrated tact and diplomacy and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability in organization and planning and to exercise good judgment
- Experience in managing staff
- Ability to multi-task and work under short deadlines
- Competency in English and French and /or one Asian language preferred.
- Designations in Public Relations, Marketing or Editing will be an asset.
- Excellent computer skills in Word, PowerPoint and Internet.