1-800-GOT-JUNK?, an international $100M+ franchise organization headquartered in Vancouver, is looking for a strategic Communications Manager to join our team and take on responsibility for internal communications across our organization, spanning North America and Australia. The Communications Manager works with cross-departmental teams to plan, coordinate and execute communications activities to ensure system-wide alignment towards our corporate goals. This is a Vancouver-based position functioning from the 1-800-GOT-JUNK? corporate office.
You are an experienced communications professional who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment that offers variety and challenge. You’re highly organized and not afraid to take initiative, providing sound guidance and perspective. You know all the right questions to ask and have an uncanny ability to know just what to say, how to say it and when to say it. You believe the only way to communicate is clearly, openly and concisely, and understand it’s critical to employee engagement and success.
You know being a great communicator is only possible with a complete understanding of the business and you’re excited to work with senior leaders to gather the information and operational perspective you need as Communications Manager. You’re looking to be part of a team with a vision that takes the road less travelled to create something better together than anyone could do alone.
You will be responsible for utilizing your knowledge and skill set to facilitate all internal communications activities. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Lead communication strategy, policies and programs, including the development of an annual strategic communications plan to facilitate the achievement of leadership goals
- Leverage knowledge of communication and the Franchise Partner/employee mindset to advise and assist the senior leadership team and cross-departmental stakeholders
- Develop, implement and manage the systems and processes (including a corporate Intranet) to successfully support the communication strategy. Evaluate and evolve systems and processes to ensure maximum effectiveness
- Effectively execute communications tactics, including the development of the right messages and campaigns, utilizing the right mediums at the right time to create alignment and drive execution
- Provide and promote high standards of professionalism and leadership within and outside the organization, appropriately representing 1-800-GOT-JUNK?’s core values and standards
Success will be defined by the satisfaction of stakeholder groups, as well as by key metrics that track communication.
- Post-secondary education in business or communications
- Minimum five years of internal/corporate/employee communications experience
- Knowledge of communications principles, methods and techniques
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple simultaneous projects involving cross-functional teams within schedule constraints
- Ability to strategically and tactically organize and structure activities, paying particular attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple planned and unplanned projects and responsibilities
- Good analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills to evaluate business problems and apply knowledge to identify appropriate solutions
- Demonstrated skills and experience in executive communication, presentation development, town hall meetings, and operational communications
- Proficiency with SharePoint 2010 is an asset
- Franchise experience an asset
Competencies and Behaviours:
- Ability to manage and lead change
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and organized
- Good interpersonal, team building skills