Communications Manager contract
PwC Canada is a professional services firm providing industry-focused audit, assurance, tax and advisory services to enhance value for our clients. In BC our team of 850 professionals works with public and private clients in the mining, forest products, financial services, technology, entertainment and media, retail and consumer products, real estate, and industrial products sectors, as well as public sector clients. PwC Canada is a member firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited, and is one of the ‘big four’ accounting firms.
We’re looking for a high-energy communications professional on contract for approximately 13 months to cover a maternity leave. Anticipated start date is early January 2012.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing & Communications, the Communications Manager will be responsible for providing strategic and tactical communications to support PwC’s BC Region practice.
You will work closely with the BC Region Managing Partner and leadership team to develop and implement communication strategies and plans (internal and external), which will support the business priorities of PwC’s BC Region practice. This will entail collaborating with both the regional and national Marketing and Communications teams to both create and leverage content for a range of communications, including internal town halls, electronic newsletters, leadership reports, presentations and other messaging, as required. You will also provide communications support for the firm’s Alumni program, human capital people programs, and industry marketing initiatives and events as required.
The preferred candidate for this role will have an undergraduate degree in communications, journalism, business, or a post-graduate specialization along with seven to ten years of experience, preferably in a corporate environment. Preference will be given to those with demonstrated success in driving and supporting communications strategies from concept to completion, and experience in managing change programs. The candidate will possess exceptional written and verbal communications skills. The candidate will have experience in dealing with senior decision makers both internally and externally and possess the ability to effectively influence and communicate activities that align with business goals.
The position will suit a detail-oriented self-starter who can work well within a team, and excel in a fast-paced, corporate environment, while still effectively managing multiple priorities to deadline. Experience working in teams and understanding how to effectively engage, motivate and lead teams without direct management accountability is a desired skill. This role requires maintaining up to date knowledge of regional business workplace issues and trends, plus corporate communications best practices and the application of emerging communications technologies.
- Experience in analyzing and meeting client communications needs
- Ability to develop measureable communications programs
- Solid research skills
- Good knowledge of graphic design, print, video/digital content production processes
- Ability to work with senior leadership and others to develop actionable and measureable communications programs
- Familiarity with appropriate use of social media and elements of design
Communications tactical skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of corporate communications best practices, channels, strategies and tactics
- Demonstrated understanding of how to develop and manage the delivery of change communications programs and tactics
- Exceptional interpersonal skills at leadership, partner and all staff levels,
- Ability to make decisions under minimal supervision
- Ability to motivate and inspire top performance among teams without direct line accountability
- Ability to self-manage and determine solutions to address performance dynamics within team
- Superior project management skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Experience with large-scale event management
- High level of attention to detail
- Basic procurement and budgeting skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to execute under tight timelines, pressure and competing priorities
- Strong understanding of change management
There will occasionally be a requirement to work outside of standard office hours and at offsite locations where PwC functions may be held.