ILSC Education Group is currently seeking a highly motivated Communications Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will be a creative and talented writer and have extensive experience developing communications strategies; managing projects; collaborating with, and supporting multiple company stakeholders; and directing, motiving and managing a dynamic creative team. Experience in the international education industry is considered a strong asset.
The successful candidate will manage, collaborate with and inspire ILSC’s Communications Design team, who are collectively responsible for a range of communications projects and graphic design requests that inspire students choose our 9 language schools and 6 colleges for life-changing study travel experiences. You’ll support team members to achieve marketing and communications goals by managing and prioritizing various projects in a timely manner. You’ll also help coordinate and develop of a variety of online and offline marketing materials, contests and campaigns and will research, write and edit concise and compelling copy while maintaining the ILSC brand voice.
In addition to managing the Communications Design Team, you’ll work closely with Sales Directors, and company leaders on various strategic projects, bringing your communications and marketing expertise to support company’s strategic goals.
This position is based out of our Vancouver office. The successful candidate will project and HR manage a creative team, reporting to the Director of Corporate Marketing.
If you’re a mature, creative, collaborative person, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is driven by shared success, then you might be the one we’re looking for!
- Set communications strategies both on and offline in order to enhance ILSC’s brand awareness while maintaining a unified voice and messaging
- Research and write clear, effective, compelling copy for marketing materials both on and offline
- Ensure brand and product consistency and accuracy of information in all materials the team produces
- Plan and manage Communications Design team’s projects Collaborate with graphic designer(s) to deliver effective visual communication pieces
- Manage and mentor the Communications Design team to ensure successful delivery of communications projects to support company goals and objectives.
- Manage human resources for the Communications Design Team including: planning, hiring, training, conducting performance reviews, and supporting the growth, development, and retention of team members
- Handle PR requests, and time-sensitive announcements to key stakeholders
- Support the team’s proofing and editing
- Review and refine Communications plans in a timely manner ensuring they respond to industry trends and market needs
- Represent the team on key committees and working groups
- Monitor the team’s workflow and internal procedures and identify areas for improvement and technologies which can increase productivity and enhance the client experience
- Plan annual team budget, and track and manage expenses throughout the year.
- Ad hoc duties
Essential Qualifications, Skills, and Attributes:
- Experience developing effective communication strategies.
- Able to motivate, lead, inspire and manage a team.
- Experience writing and editing – clear, concise and inspiring copy for PR, Advertising, Brand Communications and Social Media, and a demonstrated ability to write with different tones of voice and writing styles according to platform and audience
- University or College degree in English, Communications or related field
- Strong command of the English language
- Project management experience
- Highly energetic, self-motivated, proactive and an insatiable curiosity and drive to learn
- Collaborative team player
- Problem solver and creative and forward thinker
- Experience in brand management
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite, MailChimp, Content Management Systems (CMS) like WordPress and Drupal preferred
- Detail oriented, strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience in a deadline-driven environment
Why work with us?
ILSC fosters an adaptive, collaborative and supportive community where talented staff engage and connect to bring to life our vision and mission.
ILSC’s Core Values
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
ILSC Education Group is an award winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to International students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, BC, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include 9 incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; San Francisco and New York, USA; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, Australia.
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.