We’re looking for a dynamic Communications Manager to join our firm. As we embark on our most recent project in Toronto on Bloor and Bathurst, we are looking for a communications and social media guru to increase the firm’s visibility and reach. The position will collaborate closely with our Director, Graphics Manager as well as working closely with the Managing Partner. This is a strategic yet hands on position with an expectation to execute and produce on a daily basis.
- Leading, developing and implementing an outreach strategy to capture the media and industry attention of the firm’s capabilities and niche expertise;
- Leading and developing unique and engaging content —for social media, web features, content marketing and projects unveiled to the public (such as municipal open houses and urban design panel);
- Leading, developing and maintaining and building a strong media and social media contact network;
- Monitoring, maintaining and building social media databases;
- Creating media releases and pitching stories to media outlets;
- Supporting and maintaining website (external) and intranet (internal) including blog updates;
- Drafting correspondence, proposals and marketing materials;
- Refining and maintaining brand standards and branding consistency for communications together with the Graphic Designer for visual communication;
- Actively pursue and execute annual award submissions;
- Coordinating and stewarding the process for publications (books);
- Coordinating the project photography process (including photographic rights); and
- Initiating, planning, coordinating and executing of the firms events (annual business events, marketing, community, not-for profit and other events).
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Impeccable written, verbal and graphic design communication skills and expertise- ability to tell “the story” (portfolio required);
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices, techniques and implementation of social media, client-facing media and marketing;
- Knowledge of Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, HootSuite and Google Analytics;
- Considerable knowledge of WordPress and other similar web tools;
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, Adobe, and other graphics and media software/technology;
- Ability to multi-task; work within a fast-paced environment, showing high initiative and creativity;
- Resourceful, organized and with a high attention to detail;
- Able to work with all levels of an organization internally and externally to the firm
- High initiative and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in design, architecture or real estate is a tremendous asset.
- Degree in communications or marketing, public relations or a related discipline supplemented by at least 7 years of relevant experience.