Mogo is Canada’s only full-spectrum online lender. With socially responsible lending at the heart of what we do, we have a product that’s right for everyone. With the only free Prepaid Visa card in Canada we are leading the way to get Canadians out of debt and back in control of their spending.
At Mogo, we are building a leading lending platform by leveraging technology, data and the strengths of our awesome team members. We’re looking for a Communications Manager who’s passionate about delivering world class communications. In this dynamic, challenging role you'll have a serious impact as a member of a small team and will be involved in all aspects of communications to ensure all consumer touch points are consistent, up to date and on brand. You will be managing a variety of exciting projects, each central to ensuring we communicate effectively with our customers. If you’re a super smart, results-driven self-starter with strong business experience, a creative spirit and a great sense of humour, you’d be a great fit!
What you'll be doing:
- Implementing holistic communications strategies for the Mogo brand across the customer lifecycle to ensure all communications and each consumer touch point are consistent, on brand and up to date with latest messaging.
- Providing strong project management focus on the end-to-end process for development of product content pages, improving the experience at all customer touch-points.
- Managing communications audit, taking a consultative approach to auditing current collateral and materials, revisioning and executing on key updates, with development of appropriate style guidelines.
- Managing the copywriting needs of the business, providing direction to the in-house copywriter.
- Development and maintenance of any communications materials, gaining appropriate approvals.
- Managing testimonials for use in communications, gaining appropriate approvals.
- Liaising with Loyalty team to manage effective responses to all social media posts to ensure they are transparent, consistent and on message.
- Liaising with blog manager to ensure all content is on brand and approved before posting and managing content for inclusion in the weekly newsletter.
- Liaising with PR agency and co-ordinating responses to media requests, requests from stakeholders and the public in a timely manner.
- Monitoring media for any coverage and reviews of Mogo, flagging and responding appropriately.
- Supporting all communications/ marketing activities with necessary communications e.g. events.
Your skills and experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Relations or Communications.
- Demonstrated success in a Communications role in the financial services sector.
- Solid understanding of the financial services sector and Mogo’s product offering.
- Track record of success working both independently and in a team.
- Track record of producing high quality, professional, persuasive copy.
- Ability to quickly grasp issues, simplify messages, and position issues using various channels.
- Experience researching, assembling and analyzing information from various sources.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships at different levels of an organization and across business units and industries.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced work environment
- Expert level skills in MS Word & Excel and other related applications.
- Exceptional English communication skills, both oral and written.