JOB TITLE: Communications Manager
REPORTS TO: CEO
The Communications Manager is responsible for the end-to end delivery, from strategy to implementation, of Gale43’s external communications plans and content. This individual will build and grow brand presence through the creation of compelling copy, coordination of social media channels and by driving overall sustainable and effective communications systems. The ideal candidate will be able to take the necessary steps to elevate the Gale43 brand, and ensure our communication is strategic and aligned with overall company objectives. This person will be an integral part of an exciting growth trajectory for a fast-paced, innovative agency – sense of ownership and organization are key. The ideal candidate is high-energy and passionate with a strong desire to produce amazing work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with leadership to develop an external communications strategy to expand and enhance Gale43’s brand and business
- Deliver end-to-end communications strategies from planning, to development, execution and reporting
- Deliver day-to-day social media initiatives; including writing and posting compelling long form and short form content that will optimize user engagement, drive action, and increase brand awareness across all major channels– Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the Gale43 blog
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to create content in varying disciplines including data/analytics, design, development and strategy. Contribute content to tactics such as proposals, presentations, and client deliverables
- Continually measure the effectiveness of communications channels and activities – seeking ways to improve and be innovative based on social media trends
- Planning publicity strategies and campaigns including:
- Research and manage the application process of relevant industry awards
- Research and identify external event opportunities at which Gale43 should present, speak or participate to drive external awareness of Gale43 and raise our profile
- University degree in journalism/business/marketing, or relevant experience
- 3-4 years communications/social media management experience. Agency experience is an asset
- Strong writing skills, proficient at translating technical information into compelling, relevant communication tactics
- Creative and innovative, detailed-oriented, highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- An understanding of the digital marketing space is an asset
- A team player who collaborates well with colleagues at all levels within the company, across multiple disciplines
- Proficient in HootSuite
Gale43 is an agency purpose built to bring strategy, creativity, and technology together to help brands win in the world of the always-connected digital consumer. We help make the complex simple – with a custom-fit strategy and implementation approach.
We believe that we should all be connected by a set of values – things that are important to us, and should be important to you… things like a passion to make a greater impact on the world than what we do day-to-day, a desire to innovate with a great team, and of course a desire to be called and treated like a person and not a resource.
We have a killer location right downtown, good benefits, flexible work environment, perks like tonnes of snacks, food, and drinks...and are looking for some great people to join us!