Aviva Company Information :
Aviva Canada is one of the leading Property and Casualty insurance groups in Canada providing home, automobile, recreational vehicle, group and business insurance to more than three million customers. A wholly-owned subsidiary of UK-based Aviva plc, the world's sixth-largest insurance group, the company has more than 3,000 employees, 25 locations and 1,700 independent broker partners. Aviva Canada and its employees invest in positive change including through the Aviva Community Fund and Eva's Initiatives, its partner in Aviva's global Street to School program to help homeless and other at-risk youth reach their potential.
Brief description of the project:
Reports to the VP Corporate Affairs and is responsible for creating and developing a communication strategy for significant business/operations change programs in CCSO.
This includes creating and developing a comprehensive communication plan. The primary audiences are project leaders, managers and front line employees. This individual will work directly with CCSO senior leaders and project management teams to create and implement strategies that further business goals and objectives.
- Communications consulting for individual project teams and leaders
- Provide strategic direction and identify priorities
- Develop and implement internal communication strategies and implementation plans
- Program related documentation, design and content management
- Facilitation of executive-led employee meetings and other employee-based events
- Support senior executive team with key organizational memos, events, etc.
- Oversee implementation of plans, including measurement
- Drafts, edits, proofread and schedules project communication materials (i.e. project publications, presentations, etc).
- Support staff training in conjunction with HR and CCSO (CLP).
- BA - University Degree (undergraduate)
- PR or communications certification an asset
- Background in supporting corporate and change communications
Related Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years experience
- Communications strategy and implementation
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Comfortable counseling senior leaders and teams
- Change and project management
- Skilled at navigating large organizations and dealing with ambiguity
- Insurance or banking industry experience preferable
- Project Management skills (either formal or acquired on the job)
- Insurance background of 3-5 years
- Creative skills – writing, desktop publishing, web design/writing
- Knowledge of French