Position: Communications Manager
Salary: $28,000 - $30,000 per year
Start Date: Jul 16, 2012
Necessary Angel Theatre Company is dedicated to fully exploring the theatrical arts by creating original work that challenges assumptions and engages multiple points of view, while seeking to provoke and astonish. Having produced over 50 productions, including 25 world premieres and 10 North American premieres, the company is considered to be one of English Canada's most important original creation and touring organizations.
Necessary Angel is currently accepting applications for the position of Communications Manager. The primary role of the Communications Manager is to coordinate, administer and execute our outreach and marketing programs, with the aim of growing and diversifying our audience and connecting our work with individuals and communities of all kinds. To this end the Communications Manager will encourage and enhance the participation of our audiences in all that we do: the creation of new work and numerous ancillary events that will include a new on-line magazine. The key objectives of the position are to build relationships and disseminate content.
- At least 2 years experience working in a professional arts organization environment;
- Post-secondary education in humanities or arts administration, marketing or equivalent;
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, work independently, collaboratively, and meet deadlines;
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook (some experience working with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Flash
- Media and standard web content management system, Drupal, an asset)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Artistic sensitivity, an understanding of the creative process, as well as an awareness of the producing methods required for developing original work;
- Familiarity with creating web content, social media and e-marketing campaigns;
- Experience creating, executing and tracking a marketing plan and related budgets an asset;
- Video editing experience an asset;
- Special event planning an asset.
The Communications Manager will report directly to the Producer and Associate Producer.