Founded in 1936, Russell Investments is a global financial services firm that serves institutional investors, financial advisers and individuals in more than 40 countries.
Through a unique combination of interlinked businesses, Russell delivers financial products, services and advice. A pioneer, Russell began its strategic pension fund consulting business in 1969 and today is trusted by many well-known worldwide institutions for investment advice. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, USA and with offices in major financial centers worldwide, Russell has $160.9 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2011) in its mutual funds, retirement products, and institutional funds, and is well recognized for its depth of research and quality of manager selection.
Russell offers a comprehensive range of implementation services that help institutional clients maximize their assets. The Russell Indexes calculate over 50,000 benchmarks daily covering 65 countries and more than 10,000 securities.
We seek an experienced communicator to manage Russell Investment's internal and external communications and media relations for our retail and institutional business in Canada. We are looking for a dynamic candidate with investment management experience who can provide communications expertise, develop communications plans, write strategically for various audiences and build effective relationship with media/journalists and other key stakeholders. Although locally based, our communication manager will work closely with a strong team of communicators and marketers around the world.
If you have more than five years of business experience with a strong communications background and the qualifications below, we would like to hear from you. Qualified candidates will be proven team players, willing to roll up their sleeves and get work done.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Communications planning, production and distribution, which will involve writing, editing, proofreading, researching, scheduling, monitoring and directing creation of internal and external communications and web content.
- PR strategy. This includes developing media plans, writing press releases and media material, managing media inquiries and requests for interviews. Also responsible for preparing spokespersons, identifying opportunities and monitoring media coverage.
- Develop and implement integrated strategic and tactical communications using all communication channels (print, online, video and broadcast). Develop and implement social media strategy and identify emerging issues and helps to develop appropriate messages and materials.
- Collaboration with the Global PR team and other members of the senior leadership team, investment team, as well as the retail and institutional sales team.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Strong PR and communications background.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or communications.
- Minimum of 5 years business experience, investment industry preferred.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Adaptable, detail and deadline oriented.
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills.
- A self-starter who can ask the right questions, meet the right people and get the job done.
- A team player who is willing to support colleagues however required.
- A demonstrated ability to solve problems, especially amid changing circumstances, deadlines and goals.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package including: medical, vision and dental coverage, profit sharing retirement plan, sabbatical leave, and tuition assistance. Most importantly, Russell offers a work environment where respect for the individual and teamwork are part of our fundamental values. Russell supports workforce diversity and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.