Imagine yourself as part of one of the most dynamic companies in the healthcare technology industry today! QHR is leading the way in Canadian healthcare technology, by providing solutions to assist healthcare professionals enrich their practices and improve the quality of care delivered to all Canadians across the country. We are looking for talented, inspired, and motivated people to join our incredible team and experience a workplace culture that stands above the rest! Competitive salaries and generous perks are just a few of the reasons that QHR has been voted one of BC's Top Employers and Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers for 2016.
We are looking for a communications manager that can help craft and tell our story in a compelling way, as well as manage all internal and external communications for the company, to ensure all messages and communications are consistent and on brand
- Develop integrated communications strategy for the company incorporating PR, Marketing and Online.
- Lead the Communications team, with responsibility for performance management, mentoring and professional development.
- Implement communications plans to increase brand awareness and recognition for the organisation.
- Manage development of content production for internal and external communication needs.
- Developing relationships with key media to secure and grow media coverage both online and offline.
- Write press releases for local and national media.
- Coordinate media interviews, and compiling press kits.
- Monitor press stories relating to the company and its brand and maximising opportunities for positive PR and playing down any negative PR.
- Manage relationships with contract PR or Media companies.
- Guide the message development for key speaking opportunities, events and announcements.
- Collating and analysing current communications and messages and ensuring consistency.
- Create company internal communication strategy to increase employee awareness.
- Communicating brand to internal customers and stakeholders.
- Overseeing the annual communications budget and ensuring its use is fully maximized.
- Demonstrated managerial and leadership skills, including experience in supervising staff and managing a budget.
- Strong familiarity with national news media and newsroom/media operations.
- Superior organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multitask, work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Highly motivated and results oriented
Minimum Job Requirements:
- University degree or college diploma in communications, public relations or journalism.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in media or communications, with demonstrated experience executing successful communications, media relations and social media strategies.
- Previous experience as a communications manager for a similar organization would be a strong advantage.
A competitive compensation based on experience, and a benefits package is part of the deal. But we go beyond:
Twelve Statutory & General Holidays
PTO Days - Paid Time Off to use as sick time, personal days or bonus vacation days
Casual Dress Code
Potential for Flex Work Schedule - with the approval of managers
Employee Referral Bonus Program - for successful hires
Health Care Spending Account - covers unexpected health and/or dental expenses the standard benefit plan may not cover
Professional Development Funds
Free Monthly Chair Massages
Fresh Fruit and Veggies Daily