The Communications Manager will execute and continue to implement Pioneer’s media relations plan for the Canada Region; manage issues within the business; and manage the internal communication of business priorities and news relevant to the business.
- Manage the internal communication of business priorities, opportunities, issues and news for the Canada Region. Responsible for proactively assessing communication needs of employees and making recommendations to management. Assess the needs and develop materials and/or leverage communication professional networks to address communication-related needs. Provide communications counsel to business director. This may include strategic communications recommendations/planning to manage key issues within the region.
- Lead development and execution of public affairs strategy for the business including support for issues management, issues training and media relations. Work closely with Pioneer Communications to review plans against other business units, Pioneer and DuPont business objectives and make recommendations to fill gaps and fully leverage communications opportunities. As part of the plan, develop communication messages and tactics to increase Pioneer visibility and positioning in Canada while increasing Pioneer image/reputation among media and key stakeholders.
- Identify emerging external issues and communications opportunities, respond to requests for information and represent Pioneer externally. Collaborate with Pioneer Communications, Pioneer Government Affairs, Marketing Communications, Industry Relations and Community Investment to ensure consistency and effectiveness of key messages.
- Provide counsel and creative execution for major business presentations, internal websites, key internal communications and key external meetings.
- Manage the Community Investment program for Canada by leading the Community Investment Committee, overseeing corporate donations, and managing associated public relations.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Public Relations, Journalism or related field.
5-7 years experience in general communication or public affairs. Issues management experience a plus. Prior project management experience required.
Ability to develop communication strategies that support business goals. Ability to ascertain and recommend concise communication messages from a wide array of material and inputs. Capability to communicate business information and key messages to key audiences in an effective manner. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Basic technical knowledge of genetic improvement, biotechnology and the seed industry. Ability to work under tight deadlines and control responses in public forums and interviews. Ability to be proactive and work in ambiguous situations. Strong presentation skills. Ability to establish and maintain strong relationship inside and outside Pioneer and to work with intra and inter-company teams. Strong planning, organizing and prioritizing skills. Bilingual(English and French)an asset.