Last Date to Apply: 04/09/2016
Do you know what makes The Home Depot the largest home improvement retailer in the world? Our people. We do all we can to empower those within the Home Depot to tap into their potential and make a difference where it matters most – for our customers and for themselves.
Do you have what it takes to make an impact on the world’s largest home improvement retailer?
Discover what it’s like to be part of a team responsible for helping millions of people complete thousands of home improvement projects every year. Search corporate careers today.
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communication, External Affairs, the Communications Graphic Designer will be responsible for all the content creation of associate & executive leadership facing visual communications including presentation material, graphics & video support, responsive web portals and internal social media sites.
The role needs to seamless transition between, graphic designer, presentation creator and project manager to support a variety of requirements of the corporate communications and external affairs team. This individual would bring the following knowledge to the team:
- All major design software; Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe
- Typical presentation software; Perzi & Powerpoint
- Enabled to use video and photography equipment to capture & edit content.
The position will interface with a variety of clients from multiple functional areas and will have exposure to executive leadership on an ongoing basis. Responsibilities include designing & producing executive presentations (internal and external), associate communications campaigns, collateral items, web and social media content, internal print materials, other presentations for speaking engagements, proposals, infographics, assets for internal communication channels, and vendor coordination. Additional responsibilities include creating and managing internal brand standards for print and online assets.
- Knowledge and adherence to Home Depot policies and procedures
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- Strong familiarity with offset and digital printing is required, with a solid understanding of web and online production.
- Professional graphic design skills and expert-level knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and PowerPoint is required.
- Experience managing graphic design, print production, distribution and fulfillment.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
- Photography and video editing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Excellent listening and interpretive skills
- Creative thinker and ability to develop concepts with limited direction
- Organized, efficient and detail-oriented
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with tight deadlines
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Team player
- Travel: 5-10% of time.
Thank you for applying to The Home Depot Canada. Our careers allow you to “unleash your inner orange” to improve the lives of our customers and yourself by helping them to complete their projects. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.