The Communications & Events Support team member will work cooperatively with our Communications team in the implementation and delivery of the Canadian Academic Accounting Association’s communications requirements, including the organization and delivery of the Association’s Annual Conference, and in the development and implementation of Social Media strategies. Duties include ensuring the effective timing and delivery of Association communications, ensuring the promotion and delivery of the Annual Conference, as well as the monitoring and updating of relevant website sections. The Communications & Events team member will be active in supporting the crafting and constructing of communications to members, updating website content and in being “on the ground” at the Annual Conference. Other day-to-day duties may include preparation of association correspondence, records management and other administrative duties, as required.
This is an active and creative role on a small team. Looking for energy, maturity, diplomacy and flexibility.
- Communications Delivery: Ensure prompt creation, approval and delivery of CAAA communications, including e-blasts, social media posts, non-journal association documentation, and conference specific documentation. Works actively with translators to ensure all CAAA content is available in both official languages. Ensures, in partnership with the Communications and Editorial Specialist, that content aligns with CAAA mission, and is presented professionally and in a timely manner.
- Conferences: Works on developing, designing, compiling and displaying content for conference video wall, and key conference events. Works professionally with sponsors and Association members in the development of Conference content. Active in event promotion as required, including conference program content and design. Assists with event planning and logistics (both pre-event, on-site and follow-up) as required, including capture of social media content. Active in post-conference survey design, execution and analysis.
- Website: Active in the posting of content to the CAAA Webpage in a timely manner. Supports the creation of content for the CAAA website, including ensuring ease of use for members. Develops and updates content, encouraging maximization of website use. Monitors and reports on analytics regarding website usage. Actively solicits paid advertisements for website.
- Social Media: Implements and maintains the Association’s social media presence (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube), including ensuring capture of content at CAAA conferences. Reports any requirements needing the Association’s attention on social media issues or concerns. Monitors and reports on social media analytics.
- A creative and collaborative approach to growth in member engagement and value to members is strongly encouraged.
Education, Knowledge and Experience:
- Univeristy degree in related field (Communications, Journalism, Marketing, etc.);
- Knowledge of and experience in communications and marketing, preferably in an association, not-for-profit or charity environment; higher education environments also an asset;
- Design skills, notably in conference program / publication design, ad layout, able to quickly adapt layouts to allow for rapidly shifting content needs, experience with design software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) considered a significant asset;
- Experience with Content Management Systems (including Umbraco), electronic mailout environments, and the usual array of software most welcome;
- Highly detail oriented, especially in keeping track of changes in a sometimes chaotic conference delivery environment, keeping a cool head, quick on project turnaround, happy to be a second set of eyes;
- Knowledge of and experience with coporate social media initiatives and best practices;
- Survey design and analysis skills considered an asset;
- Bilingualism (French and English) considered a significant asset;
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivated, responsive, happy to work independently, but able to effectively communicate with a team across the miles;
- Personable, professional and adaptable.
This is a three month contract. Although the CAAA is based in Toronto, we are willing to consider the right candidate currently living and working in the Toronto-Waterloo-London-Windsor corridor, who could work remotely.
Hourly salary based on experience.