EY's people in more than 150 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
The Communications and Engagement (CE) team — within the Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) group at EY — is responsible for providing strategic advice and counsel to leaders and internal colleagues on communications and programs that contribute to the exceptional EY experience we offer our people.
EY is looking for a Communications and Engagement Specialist to join its Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) group in Toronto or Calgary. This position will be a full member of the national team with a significant focus on markets and accounts, drawing on experience in all areas of internal communications consulting and business acumen. The specialist will provide communications services, from strategy to measurement. They will project manage and execute multiple programs across the CE function to help engage our people. The successful candidate will have an integrated approach, leveraging the expertise and insights of all teams within the BMC group to ensure all communications are market-focused, aligned, creative, comprehensive and effective.
- Developing and writing a wide range of strategic communications that are reflective of the firm’s business strategy, go-to-market approach, purpose and values. Projects will focus on our go-to-market approach, and will also include various other CE projects as assigned. Deliverables may include, but are not limited to, communications plans, presentations, leadership messages, internal news, site content, editorial copy and video scripts.
- Leading national projects, ensuring high-quality development and execution of strategy and communications materials from start to finish.
- Project managing a range of programs and priorities in a fast-paced environment, often on tight timelines.
- Advising key markets and accounts leadership and teams on how best to communicate messages, educating internal clients on best practices and selecting appropriate communication vehicles.
- Working in partnership with other marketing and communications teams, such as alumni relations, sector, service lines, etc., to optimize marketing and communications opportunities.
- Working closely with graphic designers and translators.
- Acting as a brand champion, ensuring that all communications pieces and programs support the firm’s brand and business strategy.
- A university degree or college diploma in Corporate Communications, Business, Journalism or a related field.
- Four to seven years of professional communications experience.
- Well-developed communication skills, with the ability to understand and communicate complex ideas persuasively and efficiently through print, digital and spoken channels.
- Demonstrated experience planning and supporting strategic communications campaigns.
- Adaptable, deadline-driven, result-oriented; a strong project manager with the ability to manage multiple priorities within tight timelines.
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders across the organization, with a focus on value-added service.
- A team-player with a strong desire to learn and collaborate as part of an integrated team.
- Keen interest in communications overall, with an understanding of best practices and latest approaches.
- High proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint. Intermediate knowledge of layout and graphic design principles an asset.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.